Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Reggie. wrote: »
    I left it that way so I can stack small square bales of straw on the outside on the left. Will have all my milk mixing gear/calf pellets on the right. Rest is room for a trough on the outside

Do you heat the milk for the calves reggie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Feckthis wrote: »
    Do you heat the milk for the calves reggie?

Yeah just from the hot tap from the house. It's set at 30°

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Very tasty job reggie. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Put this together for the two boys hopefully it will be working tomorrow😎😎😎😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cuba Libres are on the menu now. Enjoying drinks with the boys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

Base price wrote: »
    Cuba Libres are on the menu now. Enjoying drinks with the boys :)

Are they alcohol free?
    I'm not.Good night,Sweet dreams,Happy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

jerdee wrote: »

Fantastic :)

Time and time again I am bowled over with the talent some people on this thread have. I don't even think it's guntering when the standard hits a certain level, it's talent and craftsmanship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

There's not many kids with a father that could make something like that for them jerdee. Fair play it's a class bit of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    There's not many kids with a father that could make something like that for them jerdee. Fair play it's a class bit of work

He can put me down for one next yr and a JD Wrapper please I have 3yr olds boys who have caught heavymetal diaease from their grandad. Savage stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

unbelievable!!! Thats class!! God wouldn't you just love to have woken up to that on Christmas morning as a young lad... well it'd probably have to have been a welger rp200!

What did ya make to pull it? l hope its not pedal powered for them young lads sake!!

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    unbelievable!!! Thats class!! God wouldn't you just love to have woken up to that on Christmas morning as a young lad... well it'd probably have to have been a welger rp200!

What did ya make to pull it? l hope its not pedal powered for them young lads sake!!

They will get stuck at the bottom of a hill :D

He has me thinking now :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That little baler is possibly the best thing I've ever seen. I'd love to know if you'll follow up with a wrapper next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Well done. What will they pull it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

mayota wrote: »
    Well done. What will they pull it with?

35 replica he conjured up from a few baked beans cans and a washing up liquid bottle. McGivor mark II!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

^^^^^That is simply awsome!! I want!

TheBody wrote: »
    ^^^^^That is simply awsome!! I want!

no no , you want one of these :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

^^ Ah that is unreal. I wonder how much Santa can afford for next Christmas!! :p

Sorry Reggie a smashing shed and all, but to my mind Galway civil defence win the guntering award this winter hands down.

http://connachttribune.ie/on-camera-civil-defence-rescue-cattle-from-flooded-farm-223/

l thought the makeshift rafts and bouyancy aids were ingenious.

p.s. mods... flooding is still a big and real issue for alot of us farmers here in galway.

• Advertisement

Sorry Reggie a smashing shed and all, but to my mind Galway civil defence win the guntering award this winter hands down.

http://connachttribune.ie/on-camera-civil-defence-rescue-cattle-from-flooded-farm-223/

p.s. mods... flooding is still a big and real issue for alot of us farmers here in galway.

I disagree :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

SCOL wrote: »
    I started to make a stove for my shead out of the Gas cylinder.

I'm going to have it on it side and feed the wood from the end as I can
    get longer lenghts of wood so fire will last longer. I need to "Locate" a pipe
    for the chimney and weld up a 90 degrees bend also going to use the top of the cylinder as legs.
    Ever get any further with stove,must do something like it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

fastrac94 wrote: »
    Ever get any further with stove,must do something like it myself...

Not yet I'm playing around with different hinges to see what works best. I should have the legs and the chimley sorted out tomorrow. I can only get working at it on the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

does this comply with rsa agri vehicle regs?:D
    well done lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Lano Lynn wrote: »
    does this comply with rsa agri vehicle regs?:D
    well done lads

RSA nor Gardai have no juristriction on inland waterways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

I'm sure that if they get a single shannon authority quango that will get put right.......all aboard the gravy boat........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Want for an overnight Cabin Cruiser trip on the Erne. The level of drinking amongst boaters was incredible :D
    It was common to tie two boats together, and only use one engine, so only one "captain" had to stay sober enough to actually steer the things.......!

Totally agree, you're welcome to open a new thread but it will be modded a bit stricter. None of us can solve the issue overnight and any thoughts or ideas to do so have a forum for it.
    A flooding on farmland thread would be exactly as it says on the lick bucket. No shoite or condescending post like the last one.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Want for an overnight Cabin Cruiser trip on the Erne. The level of drinking amongst boaters was incredible :D
    It was common to tie two boats together, and only use one engine, so only one "captain" had to stay sober enough to actually steer the things.......!

'tying each others boats together.... v symbolic! ' :D

Kovu wrote: »
    Totally agree, you're welcome to open a new thread but it will be modded a bit stricter. None of us can solve the issue overnight and any thoughts or ideas to do so have a forum for it.
    A flooding on farmland thread would be exactly as it says on the lick bucket. No shoite or condescending post like the last one.

l opened a thread l shall not be opening another one . l caused no agro and tread closed with no explanation. As my opening post in that tread stated, l found it v strange even at that time that there wasn't already a thread on the subject.

Perhaps there isn't an appetite for it and that's fine. lets talk about grass covers instead. Just find it v bizarre that the biggest crisis after the IFA debacle and boards has zero coverage on it!!!

l opened a thread l shall not be opening another one . l caused no agro and tread closed with no explanation. As my opening post in that tread stated, l found it v strange even at that time that there wasn't already a thread on the subject.

Perhaps there isn't an appetite for it and that's fine. lets talk about grass covers instead. Just find it v bizarre that the biggest crisis after the IFA debacle and boards has zero coverage on it!!!

Ok....I might have a way to fiddle it back into life, leave it with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Not yet I'm playing around with different hinges to see what works best. I should have the legs and the chimley sorted out tomorrow. I can only get working at it on the weekends.

seen a couple of u tube videos on it , using gas drums or barrels ,need be careful if using an empty drum though, as gas permeates the steel and is liable to explode if not sterilized properly.
    having said that is there not a very good looking barrel type wood burning stove advertised , afaik its available with a boiler as well ,has anyone got one of them and how are they working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

sandydan wrote: »
    seen a couple of u tube videos on it , using gas drums or barrels ,need be careful if using an empty drum though, as gas permeates the steel and is liable to explode if not sterilized properly.
    having said that is there not a very good looking barrel type wood burning stove advertised , afaik its available with a boiler as well ,has anyone got one of them and how are they working
    thread out valve from top of cylinder(if a fuel gas cylinder is used,it will be an opposite thread) fill cylinder with water and leave filled for a day or two,thats as much as ive read up on the subject so far..

Wouldn't the arse burn out them in no time? same as lads trying to make barbeques with them.

soem lads seem to go all out making them

CKeTVL0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

20160107_163118.jpeg

20160107_162956.jpeg

20160107_163102.jpeg some of the work done on the calves house and a way of carrying them on the loader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

image.jpegTroughs to swing over feed rail.

image.jpg

look well mayota. is it a single round bar feed rail? sorry bit slow can't figure out how they will work

leg wax wrote: »
    some of the work done on the calves house and a way of carrying them on the loader

looking good. what thickness stokbord did you use?

Cattle have to get fed even when it's dark on the nephew's carpet farm.

After he did a bit of tinkering with an old bicycle led light and some sellotape. ... we have light!

legoman gets the job of taking off the wrap!

• Advertisement

Cattle have to get fed even when it's dark on the nephew's carpet farm.

After he did a bit of tinkering with an old bicycle led light and some sellotape. ... we have light!

legoman gets the job of taking off the wrap!

Shocking poor taste in machinery :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya, the nephew....,,,,right.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shocking poor taste in machinery :P

he's not brand loyal.... has a steyr and new holland as well :D

Ya, the nephew....,,,,right.

look .....when he's stuck for a driver l don't say no! :)

Local dealers no good I assume :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Doesn't put all his eggs in one basket.
    That young lad has brains.
    He'll not be lost.
    Bright future ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

I live on a lane full of pot holds. The county counsel came out a few months ago with a few tone of stone and filled all the holes but with all the rain holes are back.

There is a good bed of stone on the lane I'm looking at Ideal to weld up something to rake / fill in the holes. I only have a Ferguson 20 to pull it however a friend has a modern 4 wheel drive tractor I might be able to get.

What do I need to make ??? I was thinking of some sort of an over sized rake the fingers of the rake made with rebar so it's cheap to fix when they bend and they would dig into the stone 2 / 3 inches to loosed in up and pull some sort of a heavy mesh behind the rake to level it off.

Would this work ? or would it be a waste of time ?

a transport box of concrete blocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

is it just a gravel road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I live on a lane full of pot holds. The county counsel came out a few months ago with a few tone of stone and filled all the holes but with all the rain holes are back.

There is a good bed of stone on the lane I'm looking at Ideal to weld up something to rake / fill in the holes. I only have a Ferguson 20 to pull it however a friend has a modern 4 wheel drive tractor I might be able to get.

What do I need to make ??? I was thinking of some sort of an over sized rake the fingers of the rake made with rebar so it's cheap to fix when they bend and they would dig into the stone 2 / 3 inches to loosed in up and pull some sort of a heavy mesh behind the rake to level it off.

Would this work ? or would it be a waste of time ?

just hire someone local with a digger to scratch it back?. possibly reseal it with a roller?

Advertisement