Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Here ya go simple out

Simple out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Made a thingy to remove the collets from a cylinder head's valves. Bit of an old scaffolding Kee-Klamp, and the "spike" is a size that fits into the bolt holes for the exhaust manifold.

m5C8WWt.jpg

iZOPNY3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Made a thingy to remove the collets from a cylinder head's valves. Bit of an old scaffolding Kee-Klamp, and the "spike" is a size that fits into the bolt holes for the exhaust manifold.

m5C8WWt.jpg

iZOPNY3.jpg
    Bloody John Deere again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We used to have a great mod here, she would resize photos in a whip..
    These new guys are letting the side down badly :rolleyes:

Reggie. wrote: »
    Bloody John Deere again :rolleyes:

Green the colour of jealousy, dont'ca know Reggie!

Was undecided what to do with her, Rebuild the engine (looking at 1500+ euro), transplant in a Combine engine (2500), turbocharged combine engine (3000) or sell her for parts.
    A guy down in Gorey has the combine engines, but turns out combine models have a lighter casting in the block, as they are not a stressed component when in a combine.
    So going to rebuild. Got this head today for €200, and making a start.

Green the colour of jealousy, dont'ca know Reggie!

Was undecided what to do with her, Rebuild the engine (looking at 1500+ euro), transplant in a Combine engine (2500), turbocharged combine engine (3000) or sell her for parts.
    A guy down in Gorey has the combine engines, but turns out combine models have a lighter casting in the block, as they are not a stressed component when in a combine.
    So going to rebuild. Got this head today for €200, and making a start.

I'll say a prayer for ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I'd say somehow there's no need. He'd do it with his eyes closed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

_Brian wrote: »
    We used to have a great mod here, she would resize photos in a whip..
    These new guys are letting the side down badly :rolleyes:

Looks perfect to me:D:D:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looks perfect to me:D:D:D

What, is your screen 48inches or something ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I reckon about 12inches, are you using a phone by any chance? It takes a bit longer to re-size them, I agree with you, Kovu was good at it, I'm just a feckin farmer.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Maybe Because I'm using old version of the site ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

blue5000 wrote: »
    I reckon about 12inches, are you using a phone by any chance? It takes a bit longer to re-size them, I agree with you, Kovu was good at it, I'm just a feckin farmer.

Is there a prize for double entendres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

inthepit wrote: »
    Is there a prize for double entendres?
    My wife asked me for a double entendre.

So I gave her one.

My wife asked me for a double entendre.

So I gave her one.

General Guntering, jast as per the title :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

398603.jpg

Welded on the top of an old lynch pin to keep arms up clear of pto on slurry tanker.

Is that to stop accidentally moving lift arm lever and lift arms hitting pto shaft?

I think it means the "drop arms" now have the hook ends of "lift arms" up about a foot higher than normal.

I think it means the "drop arms" now have the hook ends of "lift arms" up about a foot higher than normal.

Spot on,the hook ends are well clear of pto shaft and drawbar.It is much safer now when turning in off road through rough gateways.

• Advertisement

I'm with you now. I don't have a tanker or anything on drawbar with pto shaft.

Would you still catch if they were left down to the last?

Yes,they still get caught and also grit gets in the workings of the hooks when they are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭9935452

inthepit wrote: »
    Yes,they still get caught and also grit gets in the workings of the hooks when they are down.

What ive seen lads do is to leave the balls in the hook latched , put a long pin through the bottom of the levelling arm and through the ball.
    It does the same without welding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

The old Wooden yard gates completely rotted and fell apart.
    29564866113_20467ce2c8_c.jpg

A friend of mine made up these, he promises they wont rot away as quickly. :D
    30079305782_a0ee768fd5_c.jpg

Nice. Very nice. But....same character?....

Muckit wrote: »
    Nice. Very nice. But....same character?....

They are copies of the original.... But better!
    Was going to get them powder coated in brown to look even more like the original but I really like the galvanize finish.

emaherx wrote: »
    The old Wooden yard gates completely rotted and fell apart.
    29564866113_20467ce2c8_c.jpg

A friend of mine made up these, he promises they wont rot away as quickly. :D
    30079305782_a0ee768fd5_c.jpg

Very tasty

Taken off Twitter

Taken off twitter

simx wrote: »
    Taken off twitter

Very nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He's definitely an armchair farmer! :)

Muckit wrote: »
    He's definitely an armchair farmer! :)

Clever buck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Ideas for old plastic barrels

Was a good thread that. I was wondering how many on it actually went outside and carved them for the benefit of Twitter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Thought I'd throw up a pic of these. Diamond Warding Files. Fierce handy and good quality. Even use them to file down the raisers on the chainsaw blade. Well worth the €5 or so they cost in Lidl.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Got this in the post from agridirect a few evenings ago. 50cc 2-5cc repeater syringe. Mighty job for for doing calves for blackleg and saves a lot of time filling normal syringes. E0BF4B2B-61DF-4275-BADD-4D1402850870_zpsbu3fyhm7.png

Got this in the post from agridirect a few evenings ago. 50cc 2-5cc repeater syringe. Mighty job for for doing calves for blackleg and saves a lot of time filling normal syringes. E0BF4B2B-61DF-4275-BADD-4D1402850870_zpsbu3fyhm7.png

How much?

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »

The idea is great but the bar isn't stromg enough and cattle bend them in badly

Reggie. wrote: »
    How much?

34e I think, was on sale down from 50.

34e I think, was on sale down from 50.

That was including postage. https://www.agridirect.ie/product/roux-revolver-50ml-auto-syringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have one for sheep. Mighty job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Never saw them before. Do they hold 50mls? Do the normal needles fit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Cavanjack wrote: »

You have to be careful using them, especially at the 2ml rate......if you have the syringe full and pull the trigger it just compresses the liquid and spews out when you take it out of the ewe, have one here, don't use it now for that reason. I'm probably going against bone/muscle with the needle when that happens and blocking it

• Advertisement

rangler1 wrote: »
    You have to be careful using them, especially at the 2ml rate......if you have the syringe full and pull the trigger it just compresses the liquid and spews out when you take it out of the ewe, have one here, don't use it now for that reason. I'm probably going against bone/muscle with the needle when that happens and blocking it

A bubble of air in the barrel can cause problems in any type of automatic syringe because it will get compressed.You wouldn't even have to go into muscle to get enough resistance to have it spit when you take it out.

Cavanjack wrote: »

Ya to both. Friend has one and did my calves with me 2 months ago. 44 calves dosed with hook gun and done for blackleg in about 15 minutes. Serious job.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Ya to both. Friend has one and did my calves with me 2 months ago. 44 calves dosed with hook gun and done for blackleg in about 15 minutes. Serious job.

The hook gun is the only job for dosing cattle. Bought one a couple of years ago and honestly could not do without it now. The idea of trying to catch an animal now and dose with a normal dosing gun seems madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Sami23

Parishlad wrote: »
    The hook gun is the only job for dosing cattle. Bought one a couple of years ago and honestly could not do without it now. The idea of trying to catch an animal now and dose with a normal dosing gun seems madness.

Was thinking of buying one of these alright. Just curious how do you dose a animal who say puts his head down on inside of crush against the wall for example and do their heads have to be up to dose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Sami23 wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying one of these alright. Just curious how do you dose a animal who say puts his head down on inside of crush against the wall for example and do their heads have to be up to dose ?

Yep, heads have to be up (same story if you were dosing with a normal dosing gun). Pack the crush as tight as you can and that will help. You will always get an awkward one that drops the head and there's no way round it but a few prods of a stick to get the head up again. Failing that, you just have to let a few out and catch the troublemaker in the head gate.
    In any case though the hook is the bees knees. Start at the back, reach out with hook before they realise you are there and you will catch most of them before they know it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement