Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

Muckit wrote: »
    I just want to be legal. Don't need indicators. I have a left and a right hand

That's grand as long as you are visible. But you might not be legal as you have non working indicator lamps fitted.

Anyway, good idea Muckit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭9935452

emaherx wrote: »
    That's grand as long as you are visible. But you might not be legal as you have non working indicator lamps fitted.

Anyway, good idea Muckit.

I was about to disagree with you but i think you are right.
    If the driver is visable and able to give clear hand signals you dont need indicators but if they are fitted they should be working.

I'm in the same boat when i take the quad on the road . no indicators so have to give hand signals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

When you don't have lights on the back of an old tractor

406405.jpg

Cant see that photo boss for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You might have slow internet connection? It's just a light board. Then ive a 7 pin socket wired to 2 crocodile clips. Slip them on battery terminals and viola! Lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

A little bit of tweaking needed (move in the holders) but you get the idea.
    this is my version an old handle of a pz mower for changing the blades :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

moll3 wrote: »

Freah looking sprong for january!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

moll3 wrote: »

I say you would get Wifi reception on that setup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Any opinions on the no gas mig welder in Lidl tomorrow €99. Mod might put up link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

mayota wrote: »
    Any opinions on the no gas mig welder in Lidl tomorrow €99. Mod might put up link.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=50350

You'd be tempted at that price.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

patsy there quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The shield doesn't look great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Do lidl or Aldi ever have electric heat guns for sale?

Do lidl or Aldi ever have electric heat guns for sale?

Yeah they do the odd time

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shur with the new welder and a bit of rebar you could convert it to a swing down helmet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

No it doesn't, mind you I spent nearly as much on a welding shield as that welder cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Strangely enough, the newly opened Welding training college/institute near me will not let you use an auto darkening helmet. I asked about a few Mig and Tig lessons, and when asked what safety gear I had, I was told in no uncertain terms what I could do with my Jefferson helmet. (Throw that thing in a skip and buy a "Noddy" shield with good glass)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

or you could go gunthering a slightly butchered alternator on to the ride-on-lawnmower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Strangely enough, the newly opened Welding training college/institute near me will not let you use an auto darkening helmet. I asked about a few Mig and Tig lessons, and when asked what safety gear I had, I was told in no uncertain terms what I could do with my Jefferson helmet. (Throw that thing in a skip and buy a "Noddy" shield with good glass)

Sure ya can nod an auto darkening

ganmo wrote: »
    Sure ya can nod an auto darkening

You can, but it was the glass quality and level of flash protection he was promoting, not the nodding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

I just want to be legal. Don't need indicators. I have a left and a right hand

If the vehicle was fitted by the manufacturer then to be legal you must have them fitted and operational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

stock> wrote: »
    If the vehicle was fitted by the manufacturer then to be legal you must have them fitted and operational.

Correct

Yeah they do the odd time

Any idea when they might have them again... Or any other suggestion for same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Draper, Einhell and Bosch do them too.
    They'd be at the cheaper end of the scale.
    Depending in what part of the country ya are. Joe McKennas, McQuillans, Screwfix, Caulfields Industrial and HandyHardware all have them.

Always come around but not to any pattern I know tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Lidl had them them the first week of June the last two years.

Woodies have Heat Guns - if that's what we are talking about.

Woodies have Heat Guns - if that's what we are talking about.

Heat guns or hot glue guns?

The hot glue guns have a small nozzle/outlet. What I'm looking for would need to have a 1 or 2 inch outlet, almost like a hair dryer!

So hot air paint stripper guns? DeWalt make cheapo ones.

• Advertisement

Heat guns or hot glue guns?
    Heat gun. Bought one there before.

Heat gun. Bought one there before.

I wouldn't buy a power tool outta woodies. Ye'll only have to bring it back.

The amount of times I've been told by guys that priced around for different things. Prices in Woodies would shock you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

uncle talking about buying an 8ft land roller and I was going to go halves with him as he isn't a millon miles away.

has anyone ever added a hydraulic road wheel kit to a standard roller?

8ft roller €1150
    8ft with road kit €2850

uncle talking about buying an 8ft land roller and I was going to go halves with him as he isn't a millon miles away.

has anyone ever added a hydraulic road wheel kit to a standard roller?

8ft roller €1150
    8ft with road kit €2850

Seems crazy money for what amounts to a ram, a pair of wheels and some box iron.

EDIT. Actually cheaper to buy a standard model each, and keep on your own place, than buying a single roller with wheels, and still have 600 euro change......

All you need on each farm is two holes in the ground for the two wheels and a lockable frame with wheels. No need for a hydraulic ram.:D

Just drive the wheels into the holes, take out the locking pins, drive out of the holes. Simple.

• Advertisement

All you need on each farm is two holes in the ground for the two wheels and a lockable frame with wheels. No need for a hydraulic ram.:D

Just drive the wheels into the holes, take out the locking pins, drive out of the holes. Simple.
    'twoud't do here as the holes would fill with water as fast as you dig'em......... bt sure if I made a bit of a mound maybe that would work..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Its not a big job to change the roller from 3 pt linkage onto the drawbar in the field , I dont see a big need for hydaulic job especially at that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Off topic..... But Looking for a roller door for a shed. Needs to be big enough to get a quad through. Anyone got one lying g around?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Bullocks wrote: »
    Its not a big job to change the roller from 3 pt linkage onto the drawbar in the field , I dont see a big need for hydaulic job especially at that money

Don't think your supposed to lift a roller when full unless it has a steel axel and specified for lifting when full.

Off topic..... But Looking for a roller door for a shed. Needs to be big enough to get a quad through. Anyone got one lying g around?

Does it have to be a roller door?
    Box sections with galvanise over. H section rollers. And a big ole lock.

• Advertisement

Lock only keeps an honest man out.

The bigger and stronger the door the better and a roller door is easily opened, All one can really do is make it as hard as possible for the thieving scum to rob it, but if they want it badly enough they'll get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Bullocks wrote: »

Uncles tractor wount lift the roller when full and emptying and refilling would be a curse of a job. hence road kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Uncles tractor wount lift the roller when full and emptying and refilling would be a curse of a job. hence road kit

Some one on here did a diy conversion of a roller or something lately.
    Remember seeing pics

Might be a good place to ask - does anyone have a good tip for removing the nails (old style) from corrugated sheeting. I tried one already with a crowbar but only dented in the sheeting. I want to reuse the sheeting again if possible.
    Was thinking of just cutting off the nail heads with a small hack saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

GY A1 wrote: »
    Some one on here did a diy conversion of a roller or something lately.
    Remember seeing pics

Reggie did it last year I think.

Might be a good place to ask - does anyone have a good tip for removing the nails (old style) from corrugated sheeting. I tried one already with a crowbar but only dented in the sheeting. I want to reuse the sheeting again if possible.
    The ones with the rubber rings?

If they are the old fashioned really heavy nails with the plastic or lead washer, then you can usually get a grip on the head with a new pair of Vise-Grips and wind them out.

Otherwise a 4 1/5 inch grinder with a proper grinding disk. (as opposed to a cutting disk)

Spending the morning here fixing a break in an Orby Auger. You'd really want to use stainless bolts, the way ration rusts mild steel away.

The ones with the rubber rings?
    Yep, them the ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/makita-dga452z-4-angle-grinder-18v-bare-a13ec5.html

Used one of these to take off an asbestos roof of an old shed. Cut the nails where possible and put on a grinding disk if they were too deep. Very handy.

Corrugated as well so same principle.

If they are the old fashioned really heavy nails with the plastic or lead washer, then you can usually get a grip on the head with a new pair of Vise-Grips and wind them out.

Otherwise a 4 1/5 inch grinder with a proper grinding disk. (as opposed to a cutting disk)

Spending the morning here fixing a break in an Orby Auger. You'd really want to use stainless bolts, the way ration rusts mild steel away.

I'll try that, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement