Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Got to fire up the new smoker over the weekend. Pretty happy with how it worked out. Zero welds just cut, drilled and bolted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

In action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

In action

I'm hungry now (heads to chippers).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Hi does anyone have a made up bracket mounted of a shed or similar to hook a big bag of fert onto with loader tractor that you can then reverse under bag and fill spreader on the loader tractor . Would appreciate any pics if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Limofarmer wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have a made up bracket mounted of a shed or similar to hook a big bag of fert onto with loader tractor that you can then reverse under bag and fill spreader on the loader tractor . Would appreciate any pics if anyone can help.

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/labour-saving-tip-big-fertiliser-bag-hanger-205207

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Thanks I will have a look at that when I get tomorrow's F J . Link won't open for me till i enter code from paper . Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I saw a guy with that setup from journal but he had a frame underneath bags with a sheet of galvanised mesh on it. It had two purposes... To filter any lumps out of fertilizer and also as a safety measure if hanging poles failed the bag would just fall the few inches onto frame. Another option if you have freestanding space... Two RSJs a few feet apart, X braced, and another RSJ sitting on top horizontally. You can hang two bags on either side. When spreading a lot you can fill spreader with however many bags it will take then hang up four more bags and then take off grab off loader.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I signed up for a newsletter with wws and they have a mag drill on special at €335 but not sure on the vat, handy hardware have one for €322.
    http://www.wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=682&product_id=915

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

blue5000 wrote: »
    I signed up for a newsletter with wws and they have a mag drill on special at €335 but not sure on the vat, handy hardware have one for €322.
    http://www.wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=682&product_id=915

That's 335+vat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

just bought that same drill but from this crowd

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Evolution-EVO42-110v-Mag-Drill-Magnetic-Rotabroach-Drill-42mm-Capacity-/251871434477?hash=item3aa4b516ed:g:nLYAAOSwkNZUfacZ

I am after getting it. it only took 3 days to come. didn't take it out the box yet though as I didn't have time plus I have no drill buts for it. Must find out what are the biggest bolts my local coop sell and buy that bit first

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How much was the postage?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

How much was the postage?

€349 taken out of my card anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Saw this on the web thought id share now thats guntering 
    tQ32r5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

Saw this on the web thought id share now thats guntering
    tQ32r5.jpg
    Sir, I take my hat off to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sir, I take my hat off to ya

Well don't take of one of your wellies. You might not get it back.:cool:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

For those of you talking about buying a magnetic drill earlier, I found this on adverts.ie:

http://www.adverts.ie/power-tools/magnetic-drill-1200w/10874200

No idea if it is any good but I thought some of you might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

cage welded up from a old mesh gate . Runners for front sliding gate. Hanging awaiting dry paint .
    U frame for hanging it off .

Question
    What's the easiest way of hanging from one point to scales. I don't want it swinging all over the place and I want to keep weigh down .

4 chains would be a little loose

Ideas??
    Pics attached to help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Jerdee, your pictures aren't showing.

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Check out over on sheep section
    Photos did not transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jerdee wrote: »
    Check out over on sheep section
    Photos did not transfer
    I copied jerdees post over, they should be showing now.

• Advertisement

Will you not have to fit the mesh cage into a frame? And incorporate a system whereby the cage is not hanging suspended on the scales all the time?
    You are probably best to have the scales and cage attached a link that allows you lift the entire thing by a lever when the lamb is in and standing still.
    The yoke I have has a U shaped channel each side of the frame, and two little roller bearings each side of the cage that run in the U channel.
    Must take a pic.

This is what mine is like. Can't remember the name, except it's Scottish. There are two roller bearings each side, and the cage can't "rock" about when the animal is being weighted.

This is what mine is like. Can't remember the name, except it's Scottish. There are two roller bearings each side, and the cage can't "rock" about when the animal is being weighted.

Pictures tell a thousand words ðŸ‘

I see what u mean to stop the rocking.
    I'm thinking a large lever handle to rise cage when lamb stops moving might be the easiest not doing too many but nice to know the weight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Pictures tell a thousand words ðŸ‘

I see what u mean to stop the rocking.
    I'm thinking a large lever handle to rise cage when lamb stops moving might be the easiest not doing too many but nice to know the weight .

Didn't realise the discussion had moved from sheep

try to make it digital anyway, if you could find something like this with a platform big enough to put the cage onto

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FLOOR-SCALE-600kg-100g-HEAVY-DUTY-PLATFORM-DIGITAL-WEIGHING-INDUSTRIAL-SCALES-/261931167474?hash=item3cfc506ef2:g:Q1wAAOSwpDdVfvKF

Ritchie. Its a Ritchie.
    860 Sterling, plus the VAT!

http://www.ritchie-d.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=107_86_93

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Ritchie. Its a Ritchie.
    860 Sterling, plus the VAT!

http://www.ritchie-d.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=107_86_93

A brilliant scales. Have 1 here. Must replace the actual scales as its starting to stick after years of use. Could a digital scales be placed on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

cage welded up from a old mesh gate . Runners for front sliding gate. Hanging awaiting dry paint .
    U frame for hanging it off .

Question
    What's the easiest way of hanging from one point to scales. I don't want it swinging all over the place and I want to keep weigh down .

4 chains would be a little loose

Ideas??
    Pics attached to help

Ya don't know a lad cslled Reggie by any chance?!

Ya don't know a lad cslled Reggie by any chance?!

Ah the brain hasn't been very imaginative this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Reggie or others. Have any of ye used waxoyl before?

Take for example box section steel in a guntering project. You can sandblast and paint outside but sure inside has no protection.

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    Reggie or others. Have any of ye used waxoyl before?

Take for example box section steel in a guntering project. You can sandblast and paint outside but sure inside has no protection.

No never have but I know what your getting at alright

Advertisement