Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Will they stay tight on a block wall? Looks super, a pity to dirty them!

Have to drill all the way through and use threaded bar and plated on the far side. Even at that they might loosen. Alot of pressure on cubicles especially if big sucklers.

We found calves used go in and get stuck in them! Pulled them all out as they were getting loose and dangerous. Cattle will pull a lot of the crap down onto slats without the cubicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sligoronan

Is that your own place Sligoronan?

Yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sligoronan

stock> wrote: »
    Not really guntering now is it, looks like installation of new plastic cubicles......

Believe me there was a lot of Guttering to get threaded bars lined up with wrong size drills bits and the ould fellow asking the odd daft question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Oul fellas can be a pain. I give a lad a hand doing work from time to time and he times the jobs so that his father is away. He'd wreck your head. Knows it all but wouldn't pick up a hammer for ya. Himself and the son often have full blown arguments while stuck at a job. It goes from guntering to precision engineering when he's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

Something i meant to but up last year, a handy little bar to allow calves back to there own area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

larthehar wrote: »
    Something i meant to but up last year, a handy little bar to allow calves back to there own area!

No problems when cows put it under a bit of pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

http://www.wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4493

Bought these lads the last day they arrived today
    Interested to see how they work out .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭greenpetrol

http://www.wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4493

For light aluminium gates? Let us know please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Seen this in a horse yard this morning. Handy yoke to hold the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dunlopwellies

Any joy with these? I bought some from eBay recently barely could even strike an arc with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Not yet but hopefully in the next week ... they got side tracked with work and silly season... 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

No problems when cows put it under a bit of pressure?

No hassle at all.. to be fair the two gates are just two heavy field gates cows don't really go looking for the calves as calves only go back there to lie down..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Did a bit of guntering /weld/fabrication today. Nearly finished Need to fit a Wear plate on bottom weld close the box end and a Coat of paint

402826.JPG

402827.JPG

402828.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Great job! Bandsaw, cut off saw, or power hacksaw? Great square cuts anyway.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Great job! Bandsaw, cut off saw, or power hacksaw? Great square cuts anyway.

Thanks
    None of the above . A 9" angle grinder .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

How did you drill the holes? Good work by the way.

mayota wrote: »
    How did you drill the holes? Good work by the way.

Thanks
    A bit of guntering got the holes cut out for me . Marked hole for bushion and cut it with mini grinder and skinny disc . Nicked several cuts around circumference of circle and hit out the piece with a hammer . Tapped bushion through with hammer as holes were a nice snug fit . Welder closed up the cuts from the mini disc

402829.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Limofarmer wrote: »
    Thanks
    None of the above . A 9" angle grinder .

Yeah it's easy to get the good edges with a grinder when you take your time marking out the material and cut carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just finishing a turf bucket here myself

402835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just finishing a turf bucket here myself

402835.jpg

Hope you paint this one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Hate to be dragging that in beside the fire! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It'd go well with the new stove

UsJEjak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Limofarmer wrote: »
    Did a bit of guntering /weld/fabrication today. Nearly finished Need to fit a Wear plate on bottom weld close the box end and a Coat of paint

402826.JPG

402827.JPG

402828.JPG

Thanks for posting that as I was thinking of something similar do good to see it in 'the flesh '
    How long did it take you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

How come I can't see the pics posted by Limofarmer and Reggie? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Don't know, are you needing glasses?

mayota wrote: »
    Don't know, are you needing glasses?

Des Bishop watch out, there's a new act in town that'll blow you out of the water.

I asked a civil question, if you didn't want to give a civil answer then you should have kept your smart alec comment to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Des Bishop watch out, there's a new act in town that'll blow you out of the water.

I asked a civil question, if you didn't want to give a civil answer then you should have kept your smart alec comment to yourself.

Jesus ur a contrary devil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Did you try refreshing the page? It happens me sometimes too if the download speed drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Are you viewing on a mobile contrary? Sometimes photos don't show on mine.

• Advertisement

Did you try refreshing the page? It happens me sometimes too if the download speed drops.

That done the trick. I should've thought of that myself :o

Advertisement