Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

cjmc wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that as I was thinking of something similar do good to see it in 'the flesh '
    How long did it take you ?

About 2.5 hours to that point . Another half hour will close box section ends and fit wear plate . . Goin to go all the way now and primer and paint it as well . Hope to get back to it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

mayota wrote: »
    Don't know, are you needing glasses?

At the size of them pix, they're big enough to wallpaper a room....................

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Limofarmer wrote: »
    About 2.5 hours to that point . Another half hour will close box section ends and fit wear plate . . Goin to go all the way now and primer and paint it as well . Hope to get back to it tomorrow

V neat. Post some finished pics!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Limofarmer wrote: »

Are you busy on Saturday Limo?

402939.JPG

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

blue5000 wrote: »

402939.JPG

that thing is on life support

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

402939.JPG
    What is that?

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    What is that?

Supposed to be a shear grab I think

402939.JPG

Rip

Muckit wrote: »
    V neat. Post some finished pics!

Will do

God there's some pressure on shear grabs too isn't there?! Did it snap any of the tines blue? Using bales here for another fortnight and then will be s grab. I'll be peppering now seeing that til knock out a few blocks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

For sale, two hydraulic rams (may suit log splitter) and one heavy tine. :D

You really need 4x4 box with a 12 or 13mm wall in it for a shear-grab. It's hard to get without ordering from a steel supplier.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    For sale, two hydraulic rams (may suit log splitter) and one heavy tine. :D

You really need 4x4 box with a 12 or 13mm wall in it for a shear-grab. It's hard to get without ordering from a steel supplier.

You missed the other tine there nek

Feck, you're right! Blindness setting in, I think.

Feck, you're right! Blindness setting in, I think.

Jaysus that's not like you nek

The straight blade on front definitely didn't help to ease the pressure either.

Muckit wrote: »
    God there's some pressure on shear grabs too isn't there?! Did it snap any of the tines blue? Using bales here for another fortnight and then will be s grab. I'll be peppering now seeing that til knock out a few blocks!!

Did it fook. I think the dull crack of a tine tines snapping in a silage pit is my least favourite noise in the world.

Shear grab survived almost 30 years on the 5000, which developed a hydraulic lift issue last January. https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue5th/albums/72157674631570770

I changed it over to the 110-90, and let's just say I got carried away with the 50 extra hp under my right foot. Ended up feeding the last of the bulls with 2 tines:o.

Bit of guntering from Thursday night. Two gate hangers to fit a 10x6 RSK

mo8Fakx.jpg

GGVFoO6.jpg

O08uttk.jpg

Bit of guntering from Thursday night. Two gate hangers to fit a 10x6 RSK

mo8Fakx.jpg

GGVFoO6.jpg

O08uttk.jpg

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Making up Grille guard for the front of a ford 4000 and bolting it into the threaded holes already on tractor( I presume they were for weight box originally). I have tried M20 bolts but they just won't thread on, anyone any idea what is the correct bolt? Is it an imperial/metric difference perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Making up Grille guard for the front of a ford 4000 and bolting it into the threaded holes already on tractor( I presume they were for weight box originally). I have tried M20 bolts but they just won't thread on, anyone any idea what is the correct bolt? Is it an imperial/metric difference perhaps?

Probably BSP (british standard pipe) thread.Have similar problem here with 1960s british built tractors.
    Unless Blue5000 has a few left over after fixing the backend try a vintage enthusiast they will know where to source them locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

inthepit wrote: »
    Probably BSP (british standard pipe) thread.Have similar problem here with 1960s british built tractors.
    Unless Blue5000 has a few left over after fixing the backend try a vintage enthusiast they will know where to source them locally.

Tractor motor factors will have them

Wildsurfer wrote: »

I'm nearly sure they are 5/8 across the thread, UNC. I'll check in the morning or you could ask here http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=4

I find these a good source of imp bolts http://shop.aseriesspares.co.uk/product-category/fasteners-and-fittings/ or NH dealer might have them in stock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

inthepit wrote: »
    there a special type tread alright. I had to get them for my 5000 as well for a weight carrier. I got them in GWS in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Thanks guys. Might give a run to GWS, looks like they have a big range of stuff... Love shops like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Fellow Guntherers might appreciate this;

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Fellow Guntherers might appreciate this;

I have the coring kit , really paid its way over the last couple of years and easy use .
    Most plumbers would be using the jointing kits for the types of piping used now instead of copper , brilliant job but you need to follow the instructions to a tee or insurance wont pay out down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I would'nt mind getting the inspection camera and that jetting tool either

Lick of paint tomorrow and this should be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Lick of paint tomorrow and this should be done

Why didn't you put the brackets flush against the bucket....is your loader not crowding back far enough

• Advertisement

rangler1 wrote: »
    Why didn't you put the brackets flush against the bucket....is your loader not crowding back far enough

It's the way the angle of the bars are. She will crowd back but I want the top level with the front edge when crowded back. Can pile the turf up well when it's back that far. If ya get me. I'll take a pic when I'm finished to show

Advertisement