Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

rangler1 wrote: »
    Reggie. wrote: »
    Lick of paint tomorrow and this should be done

Why didn't you put the brackets flush against the bucket....is your loader not crowding back far enough

Id say it's the opposite. When tipping the bucket it probably hits the new loader.
    Hindsight is a great thing. If all the angles and dimensions were known beforehand the bucket could have been made to suit them.
    I've lost count of the number of times we've had to do design changes to things.
    The next built one always has a few tweaks to make it better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Are you in a panic for it or what? Most people are busy drawing in turf and you're thinking about drawing it out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It's the way the angle of the bars are. She will crowd back but I want the top level with the front edge when crowded back. Can pile the turf up well when it's back that far. If ya get me. I'll take a pic when I'm finished to show

My neighbour always buys a load of turf. He has a handy little shed right across from the kitchen door, that used to be a dairy. Fed up drawing the turf in by hand, he rebuilt the roof of the shed and now can take off half of it with the loader. Then fill the turf in across the wall with the 50b, and lift back on the roof panel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

f140 wrote: »
    there a special type tread alright. I had to get them for my 5000 as well for a weight carrier. I got them in GWS in Ballincollig.

It sounds like you're all close enough to Cork city. There is a shop in at the end of the link into town called Brownlows, if you're ever stuck for odd ball threads or fittings they have a good stock but they're pricy. Worth it for that one odd ball fitting thats stopping the whole job

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Nice looking job but such a pity to paint such nice clean steel, galvanize it, lifetime job and marginally more expensive than painting. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Milton09 wrote: »
    Nice looking job but such a pity to paint such nice clean steel, galvanize it, lifetime job and marginally more expensive than painting. :-)

Galvanise scrapes off. A gate or something else it would be worth it. Paint will tidy it to look neat, but like galvanised it will also scrape off.

Baler sprocket repair 25 Tooth 16B-1 with directional dog clutch on the back. OEM €400 plus vat.
    Guntering solution €30 plus vat :D

Before
    Before.jpg

During
    During_1.jpg
    During_2.jpg

After
    After.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It's painted now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Baler sprocket repair 25 Tooth 16B-1 with directional dog clutch on the back. OEM €400 plus vat.

Milton this is engineering, not guntering. You are waaaaaaaaaaay over-qualified for this thread.:)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »

Milton this is engineering, not guntering. You are waaaaaaaaaaay over-qualified for this thread.:)

I disagree Blue, there is some very tasty work and very novel solutions to problems posted here regularly that easily blur the lines between engineering and guntering. ☺

• Advertisement

More details on lathe please!
    Size, make, single or three phase etc..

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    More details on lathe please!
    Size, make, single or three phase etc..

Colchester student 3 phase , peach of a machine and unfortunately not mine but I have access to it anytime I want which is nearly as good .

Lovely machine. Years ago I replied to an advert in the local paper, where the Tech. in Cavan were selling their 1Phase Colchester ChipMaster lathes.
    Offers by sealed bid.
    I missed out by less than 50 pounds :(

Lovely machine. Years ago I replied to an advert in the local paper, where the Tech. in Cavan were selling their 1Phase Colchester ChipMaster lathes.
    Offers by sealed bid.
    I missed out by less than 50 pounds :(

Us shouldn't have been so right with the purse strings then :D

Us shouldn't have been so right with the purse strings then :D

Still kicking myself about it. I bid 250 for one, the guy got it for 300.

Still kicking myself about it. I bid 250 for one, the guy got it for 300.

I think everyone has a story like that

On the other hand, I did get an old flat belt drive milling machine from an elderly gent in Essex for 150 sterling. Probably dates from when Kaiser Bill was in charge in Germany.
    Using it as a pillar drill ever since.
    No.3 Morse taper.
    Got a pen-pal into the bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

On the other hand, I did get an old flat belt drive milling machine from an elderly gent in Essex for 150 sterling. Probably dates from when Kaiser Bill was in charge in Germany.
    Using it as a pillar drill ever since.
    No.3 Morse taper.
    Got a pen-pal into the bargain!

You better give us a look at a picture of that................

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Nekarsulm wrote:
    On the other hand, I did get an old flat belt drive milling machine from an elderly gent in Essex for 150 sterling. Probably dates from when Kaiser Bill was in charge in Germany. Using it as a pillar drill ever since. No.3 Morse taper. Got a pen-pal into the bargain!

A solid investment!

stock> wrote: »
    You better give us a look at a picture of that................

I think not.
    Enough clipboards in my life without drawing more on myself.

• Advertisement

Seldom buy the "Farmers Weekly", but the current issue (2 December) has a few pages of inventions made by farmers. Very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Not a labour saving idea but more a mess prevention measure. Tip I learned years ago as apprentice.
    The next time you buy a bag of tie wraps/cable ties DO NOT open the end of the bag but cut a slot in the middle of the bag. Just stick in2 fingers and pull out ties as needed. Messy things if they spill out accidentally.

Seldom buy the "Farmers Weekly", but the current issue (2 December) has a few pages of inventions made by farmers. Very interesting.

Are we in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Give the old scraper a shot of the powerwasher,a lick of galvafroid and up on dung deal.
    Beer money for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Added stainless strip to hand scraper to stop curve spreading out. Pic of old one I did years ago too. They should make the whole scraper from stainless.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Old scraper. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Give the old scraper a shot of the powerwasher,a lick of galvafroid and up on dung deal.
    Beer money for christmas.
    Sorry hassle loading pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Tasty job with the aluminium strip. I use a flat edged one with the wings for pushing in the silage, the yard brush just isn't strong enough!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sorry hassle loading pics.

You're not the only one, I tried to publish yours but couldn't.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

403499.jpg

this work?

edit: yes...thats patsy's scrapper :P

Advertisement