Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

ganmo wrote: »
    403499.jpg

this work?

edit: yes...thats patsy's scrapper :P
    It's like those adds for cattle on Donedeal. 'Pictures don't do it justice'. :)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ganmo wrote: »
    403499.jpg

this work?

edit: yes...thats patsy's scrapper :P
    It's like those adds for cattle on Donedeal. 'Pictures don't do it justice'. :)
    'One careful owner'...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

'One careful owner'...:P

Lady driver? 😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nearly ready for a lick of paint now.

403537.JPG

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

blue5000 wrote: »

403537.JPG

Ah your spoiling it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

blue5000 wrote: »

403537.JPG

When you went that far why not put a quick release on it

dzer2 wrote:
    When you went that far why not put a quick release on it

It's on a rear end loader, extra weight of the quick release would complicate it too much. There's only 1 main lift ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

V tidy work blue. Thats a great bit of engineering.

Did you run out of flat for the wear plate?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Can anyone tell me is it possible to drill a ball bearing?
    The cables used on a loader joystick have a moulded plastic ball on the joystick end and one of them has pulled out due to wear. The cable end has a smaller shaped steel ball end inside the plastic ball. Was thinking of getting a ball bearing and drilling and shaping it with a die grinder to fit over the steel ball end. Forgot to take a few pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Too hard to drill. You could redden it in a fire and hopefully soften it. Hit and miss, but there are charts showing colour and hardness.

• Advertisement

I remember at work the fitters trying to drill out dowel pins. Very difficult to do as the outside is case hardened. You'll break bits big time.
    You could try the fire and let them cool slowly. Might soften them enough.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

The cables used on a loader joystick have a moulded plastic ball on the joystick end and one of them has pulled out due to wear. The cable end has a smaller shaped steel ball end inside the plastic ball. Was thinking of getting a ball bearing and drilling and shaping it with a die grinder to fit over the steel ball end. Forgot to take a few pics.

Why not a new cable, they're not that expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

I take it your too tight to buy a new cable

Get an 8mm socket head bolt and grind the cap head into a sphere it will fit into the joy stick then drill and tap end of cable to suit. Use lock tight when assembling

Just a tip for anyone else putting bushings in for tines.

Tack weld in one, then stand another one upside down beside the one welded in. I used a sharpie marker, just rest it on top of the one welded in, and slowly rotate the upside down bushing beside it to draw a circle around it.
    403895.JPG

You need to hold the one being circled upside down so that the same (nut) end as the one welded in will be circled. This will also help prevent welding a bushing in upside down if they are all marked at one end only.
    403896.JPG

When you put the bushings in just barely tack them in, then put the tines in and adjust for straightness before welding them permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

That is absolutely mad.

Some lads

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Reggie. wrote: »
    Some lads

The Chinese. A great bunch of lads

My ears are ringing after watching that. The lads on the forklifts know how to operate them. Love the way the forklift is used to turn the ring when its suspended on the cross bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

When the wall needs to be done but ye want early Christmas Eve pints :

https://streamable.com/6c89d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

gctest50 wrote: »
    When the wall needs to be done but ye want early Christmas Eve pints :

https://streamable.com/6c89d

Some setting and measuring out on that.

How did they click forward the second time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Reggie. wrote: »
    How did they click forward the second time

On the first pass, all but the last one can't fall completely and lie on top of each other. When the last one falls fully, this frees up room for the others to fall into place.

A bit of guntering this morning. Old exhaust fell off and went under the wheel on Xmas eve. The racket without it would be heard in the next parish. Pipe is a bit big and probably too short but the noise is tolerable. Welding light stainless with 29/9 rods isnt easy. Wouldn't want to be x-rayed that's for sure.

A massey digger?

Did you take inspiration from George Saunders? See on his youtube channel just after fitting a stainless pipe on TW25!

Muckit wrote: »
    A massey digger?

Did you take inspiration from George Saunders? See on his youtube channel just after fitting a stainless pipe on TW25!

Twas a piece left over after doing exhaust on tractor. Got a length with a 90 bend for the tractor 3 years ago. I was going to use a piece of galvanised pipe that was a tight fit but figured it was too heavy and might break the pipe from the manifold or possibly the manifold itself. Quite likely it'll be left that way. A bit rough around the edges but will outlast any muffler I'd buy. Gone through 2 massey/ perkins exhausts in last 6 yrs.

The jury is still out at my moment on this bit of guntering as haven't used it yet. .....

Hard to see the grab at night with mast blocking tractor spots so decided to mount a small set on grab itself.

404828.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Muckit wrote: »
    The jury is still out at my moment on this bit of guntering as haven't used it yet. .....

Hard to see the grab at night with mast blocking tractor spots so decided to mount a small set on grab itself.

Nice job muckit. Back window living dangerously there I'd say!

• Advertisement

Might tighten it in another few inches alright :) it's when you're reversing in to put it on that could catch you!

Advertisement