Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freckles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've a big strip of freckles across my nose and cheekbones,a freckle moustache on my upper lip and others slowly appearing dotted on my forehead and stuff.

Im not a very freckly person except across my nose and cheeks but i love them!
    the only downside is i look younger with them and im already very young looking.
    Got asked was i 15 the other day and im 18 in a month:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I have a little spray of freckles across the bridge of my nose that only comes out in the summer, but that's about the end of it. I also have maybe 2-3 moles on various parts of my body, but not on any parts that show, just on my back I think, might be one somewhere else but I've forgotten.

I like my freckles and moles, they make me me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what causes them ?

i got them on my noise on my arms apparently they make me look 15....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i never thought i'd like my freckles but i've learn to like them. they can look very fresh, especially paired with a tan. i think mine may be fading though.
    i never liked them on guys before i met my bf but he's got a couple of cute little ones on the bridge of his nose/brow and a striking one on his lip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

I was born to a blue eye father who has really sallow skin, and a brown eyed mother who is very fair! I have green eyes and dark skin but I have quite a lot of freckles. I like them, dont think I'd be me without them. One guy once while trying to chat me up called them Kisses from the Sun, I thought that was a nice way to describe them!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive really pale skin with lots of freckles on my arms all year round, and a few everywhere else. when the sun hits my chest/shoulders/back/face its freckles everywhere! my "tan" is when freckles start climbing up my fingers, thats when you know ive been in the sun :P but my legs dont have many, they just stay pale. always..

they dont really bother me, probably cause theyre normal for me & im used to seeing my arms like that. i was actually looking at my arms the other day thinking maybe they looked weird to other people.

what DOES bother me is that i never tan - i just freckle (or burn, which then just turns to freckles..)

i have a fear that one day all my freckles will join up and ill be orange :(

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

sar84 wrote: »

i have a fear that one day all my freckles will join up and ill be orange :(

Just hang around Temple Bar at night time, you'll fit right in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I've very few on my face, but loads on my arms, hands, back and a few on my legs. Any sort of 'tan' I get, always goes to freckles eventually! I love my freckles, and I even have favourites :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I have them on my nose normally but this summer, a giant freckle has decided to pop up on my forehead.
    They have never really bothered me, pretty easy to cover up apart from the one on my forehead.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have a good few, but i tan easily as well so if I get any proper sun they vanish into the tan..:D

• Advertisement

I think brown eyed kids get away with murder.
    You can't look directly at them, or the cute gets you.

I'm glad of my freckles.
    I think they draw attention away from blemishes on your skin.
    I need to figure out how to wear make up thats lets them shine through.

Has anyone ever been to Japan? Apparently they are fascinated by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

i surf almost everyday. With the water being like one big reflective mirror I get crazy freckly/tanned after every surf. They fade abit a couple after hours buuuuuut no, i have no problem with them :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

So do you have freckles?
    No, I favour my Mum's side, and tan easily without freckles.:cool:
    If so, what's your relationship with your freckles?
    My Da has light skin, burns easily, and has freckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I have the usual across-the-nose freckles, the ones on my cheeks and my forehead which are a result of being out in the sun the last couple of nice days we had, and then I have absolutley millions of darker freckles which get mistaken for moles which are randomly dotted around my body.
    Counting my two forearms now, I have 20 seperate, dark freckles ranging in size on different parts of my arms. I have a few small moles as well AND dimples. I tan well, and the freckles on my face usually fade away after my skin gets used to the sun but the ones on my arms and legs never fade or anything.
    The stand-alone freckles don't bother me, but the wee patches of loads of teeny ones on my face annoy me, just because my skin looks grand during the winter and then I have face-freckles all summer.

Between the freckles and very deep dimples, I get the whole "awwh look, so cute" thing. No it's not. Dimples are holes in my cheeks! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When I was a kid I was more freckle than child.

Seem to grow out of it though. I have them, but I don't think they're hugely noticeable.

Always think heavy freckles on someone who is VERY blonde looks a bit odd though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm glad of my freckles.
    I think they draw attention away from blemishes on your skin.
    I need to figure out how to wear make up thats lets them shine through.

Mineral foundation FTW!

I like my freckes, probably because they never get too dark or obtrusive! They're the only colour I'm ever gonna get anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

I have a typically Irish complexion- pale, freckly, never tans only burns and I have never particularly liked my freckles. However they dont really bother me too much and I've never tried to cover them up. I don't think you can successfully cover them up really with my colouring, fake tan just looks wrong, turns my skin the same colour as my hair and that's never a good look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

love your freckles, imagine not being able to tan or even get a freckle, red or pale with no excuse (I'm blond.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I can see why you get irritated by the whole "That's so Cute" thing, but freckles are quite cute in the same vein as dimples are cute.
    I've got dark olive skin, and no freckles.

But I've always wanted them!

I, on the other hand, have always wanted dimples. If I smile hard enough, in just the right way, I've got a hint of one on my right cheek. (You know, if you squint a bit and look really closely . . . )

SeekUp wrote: »
    I, on the other hand, have always wanted dimples. If I smile hard enough, in just the right way, I've got a hint of one on my right cheek. (You know, if you squint a bit and look really closely . . . )

Whyyy would you want dimples?? I'm mystified by this desire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I've a big strip of freckles across my nose and cheekbones,a freckle moustache on my upper lip and others slowly appearing dotted on my forehead and stuff.

Freckle moustache - I love it! :D

I've lots of light freckles on my face, and a few bigger darker ones on my arms and legs. I love the ones on my face, but not the ones on my body so much.

Whyyy would you want dimples?? I'm mystified by this desire!

I don't know, I just always thought they were sweet . . . nice and friendly looking! :D (See my half dimple there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Covered in freckles due to red hair. Arms have them permanently and they spring up in other areas whenever the sun comes out. My parents kept me very shaded from the sun so I don't have them anywhere except my arms during winter. I don't see a problem with them. It's the nearest thing to a tan I'll ever have!

I don't know, I just always thought they were sweet . . . nice and friendly looking! :D (See my half dimple there?)

See, another reason I hate my dimples, they give people the complete wrong impression of me...

See, another reason I hate my dimples, they give people the complete wrong impression of me...

That just means you can be a bit deceptive, though, eh?

Okay, okay, fine. I'll take them off your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

hate my freckles:( When i was at the mac counter in new york..your one turns round and shouts out.. OH MY GOSH ARE YOUR FRECKLES REAL.... heres me dying of embarassment and thinking i hardly paint them on every morning...:mad::mad:

Okay, okay, fine. I'll take them off your hands.

SeekUp, Scalpel. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

I have freckles on my forehead, nose and cheeks, on my shoulders and all down my arms and some on my hands. I have them on my lower legs to but not as many as is on my arms. I've always had them and they have never bothered me, in fact I quite like them. They add to the minimal bit of colour I do get when its summer and dont make me seem quite as pale during every other season so to me they are a good thing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Im covered in freckles due to my red hair :rolleyes: literally they're everywhere, don't get tanned or anything so its just me and my freckles
    it makes me look a lot younger but i cant see myself without them!! wouldnt look right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

I hate my freckles! My mom is a native american and my dad is Irish. My brothers got all the good genes. They're both tall, skinny, very dark skin and not freckly. I got short, chubby and riddled with freckles! Even when I tan I go that reddy-brown (darn genes again) so its not even brown-brown like a proper tan!

I live in hope that one day I will get so much sun that they will all join together and I will have the most perfect-est tan in the world!:o

*sigh*

Advertisement