Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANYONE KNOW THIS TOWNLAND IN KILDARE

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of a townland called Mullaghwest in Kildare. According to a birth cert (from 1891) that I have it is in the union of Athy and the district of Castledermot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

it's nearer to castledermot than athy.. if you were going down there anyone in castledermot will direct you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

amtaxi wrote: »
    it's nearer to castledermot than athy.. if you were going down there anyone in castledermot will direct you

Great , thanks for that, I cant find it on any maps so I will do as you say and ask in Castledermot. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Its actually called mullaghmast, not mullahwest

Hi Colhol,
    thanks for that, I got if off an old birth cert and couldnt read the writing but you are right it is Mullaghmast. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

"Location: Situated 3km west of Ballitore. This site, a National Monument, includes earthworks, ringforts, barrows and a standing stone. The overall site is dominated by Rath Mor. Mullaghmast was one of the O'Toole forts and was the scene of many battles. It was an important site and accounts of happenings here appear in the Annals."

2dc00b5f4ea6482e9170b3978e6d9c4b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

The current site office for Roadbridge , the contractors for the new M9 is located there. Ask any road worker in the area and they could tell you. Drive through Ballitor from the N9 and take a left at the T junc
    on the other side of town I think

Hi, yea, I went there the other day on the off chance that I might meet some of my long lost family( my grandmother was born there).There is a lot of roadworks and some roads are shut. Will have another look when I get more information on where the GM house was.

Thanks

Advertisement