Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warm and sunny next week

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

forecasts are suggesting a spell of fine weather from around next monday onwards with a return to warm conditions, with temperatures reaching the mid twenties, anyone care to elaborate.................etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Can't wait for this next heatwave I wonder
    How warm/hot will it get met eireann are already
    Saying into the mid-twenties already so usually it means
    That it will be around 27 possibly 28 degrees hopefully
    Anyway with light breezes from the east
    The west will probably see the highest tempertures :D
    Although with the light breezes It probably be warm everywhere:pac:

Should start sunday properly actually.
    The wind flow looks intially northwest so that would mean the West would not be see'ing the highest temperatures :D

Yes your right but when the winds do swing
    Round to the east we in the west will
    Get the highest temps:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont think any sort of heatwave is promised, merely respectable ie 20-23 and a bit cooler on exposed coasts. Not that I'm complaining as thats about perfeck for most of us.

Anyway what sort of temps would we have to get to
    call it a heatwave and how long would it have to last:confused:

23 degrees is warm enough anyway for me anyway:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well the high pressure of about 1030hpa will be directly over us on Monday. It's gradually builing at the moment.

Recm961.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ward071

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am finished my work placement for summar tomorrow and its going to be sunny next week :):):):):):)

Just to update this, we seem set fair for the next two weeks at least, high pressure looks like being the controlling influence mainly from the east so warm air off le continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

mike65 wrote: »
    Just to update this, we seem set fair for the next two weeks at least, high pressure looks like being the controlling influence mainly from the east so warm air off le continent.

Latest models suggest some thundery stuff could get pumped up over us next weekend from Biscay, but I agree, its looking like proper summer weather FTFF with winds from a TM and/or TC source:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It is WAY too humid though to be nice, everything feels sticky.

• Advertisement

Looking seriously hot now for the end of June and begining of July according to tonights Meto and ECM:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah looks like we cud be hitting the mid 20s for the next 6 to 8 days at least.

It is WAY too humid though to be nice, everything feels sticky.

oh no I like it like this , I hate when your lying out in the sun and a cloud comes by or a breeze blows then your all cold again ... fickle warmt... this is great its even warm in the shade :):)

Gonzo wrote: »
    yeah looks like we cud be hitting the mid 20s for the next 6 to 8 days at least.

Jean Byrne on RTE just now mentioned the high twenties - not suprised if it works out like on tonights ECM:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Spannish plume AKA heat wave. :D

Hot, Hot Hot according to this evenings GFS for pretty much all of next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Any one have any charts for next like to see if i need to buy more sun cream

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

from met.ie
    MONDAY : Remaining warm, temperatures again reaching 20 C or higher in many areas on Monday. Moderate or fresh east to southeast winds, easing and becoming southerly or variable in direction. Current indications are that cloud and rain approaching from the Atlantic will gradually spread northeastwards across the country, with brighter weather following from the southwest during the day.

i wonder is this a brief interruption from the south easterly airflow, as it doesn't mention anything about fresher weather following on from this band of rain.

well, even before that it looks like there could be very heavy rain this evening and tomorrow in places. it looks like the north and possibly north west may be best place to be over the couple of days, if you're after uninterrupted sunshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

The lovely Jean Byrne went for mid to high twenties for Mon to Thurs. next week with sunshine and the outside chance of a thundery shower on this mornings radio forecast. That'll do me.:p

I know :( Terrible to moan about high temps but if its humid too thats no fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Not particularly gone on hot weather, ok if one has nothing to do out in it but it makes work harder....

25C is enough but it is very hard doing physical work out in it when it is hot.

Kilkenny will be high 20's so....

Kilkenny/Carlow is a pit of hell when its hot calm and humid, when I was on the road I'd always be glad to get back within 20 miles of the coast. The difference could be huge in terms of comfort.

Advertisement