Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take back our wealth!!! STRIKE FOR OIL!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

As the repossesion of any asset within Irish territorial jurisdiction on behalf of the Irish people is provided for within the Irish constitution (see articles 10 and 11). Thus and thereby do I propose a country wide STRIKE until the government agrees to reposses the Corrib gas field on the behalf of the Irish people.

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_files/html%20files/Constitution%20of%20Ireland%20(Eng)Nov2004.htm

Thus may the Corrib gas field off the coast of Co.Mayo be reaquired by our state.

Any damage done by way of the loss of revenue that the state would incur resulting from the strike would be far more than adequately compensated for by the reaquisition of that natural asset which is estimated at being worth around 51.3 billion euro

It wouldnt take very long before they would do as we bid if we could manage to organise a high enough number of people to refuse to work on a certain day. It would in a way be a manner of voting as a record of every Irish taxpaying citizen of Ireland is kept that would show how many Irish taxpayers attended work on that day compared to the ammount who didnt. And thus a demographic record would be on hand to display that a majority of Irish people wished the asset repossesed... if enough people were to strike.

Will you STRIKE???!!! Will you manifest the right of your people to demand that your government do as you bid them do???!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The First National "We Are Crushtie" Day . I like the idea very much . Shall we ask Cork people to join or not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 marabhfuil

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The First National "We Are Crushtie" Day . I like the idea very much . Shall we ask Cork people to join or not ?
    Are you Irish?

What have you against this country profiting from its own resources?

I bet you feel uncomfortable around people

Cork. Yes or No !

• Advertisement

Cork. Yes or No !
    Bet you can't mix with people. not your fault though you probably still want to be a footballer or a popstar or something sad like that. What do you think should be done with the resource then? do you think we should let shell etc have it or do you think it should be fought for??? Or have you even got an opinion?

I think it should remain in situ and that we should arbitrage it as a mezzanine carbon sink or else package it into a Green CDO structure and then inject the structure into a CBT Commodity Future play . Fight them on the trading floors !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Why is there 2 threads on the one thing? And its even a pointless thread. Organising a strike to get the gas back we never knew was there unless some company spent 100s of million to find. Ya think Shell are gonna say "Fine, here ya go. Take it back. We don't want a big strike by people that won't affect us on our hands".

As was previously posted, this natural resource is bringing jobs and money to Mayo and surrounding areas. There's also plenty of tax coming our way from profits made on the gas. Think of it as outsourcing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Nermal

marabhfuil wrote: »

Around shell to sea protesters most people feel uncomfortable.

Why is there 2 threads on the one thing?
    As was previously posted, this natural resource is bringing jobs and money to Mayo and surrounding areas. There's also plenty of tax coming our way from profits made on the gas. Think of it as outsourcing.

In fact the field was found by an Irish exploration company which was then aquired by Shell. Have any of you even considered the fact that Shell have broken a court injunction to cease work on the pipeline yet are still attempting to do so and are being protected while attempting by the Garda- Who in effect so are protecting them while they break the law...

i'm Outta here. to be continued

• Advertisement

In fact the field was found by an Irish exploration company which was then aquired by Shell.

Corrib was found by Enterprise Oil , originally a British state owned entity IIRC .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭roosterman71

From the reports I've seen, only a small handful of people, not even from the Corrib area are the ones protesting.

And by the way, its also breaking the law to go onto private property and damage other peoples possessions, to abuse gardai, and to break the peace.

Shell have the gas field, let them get the gas, let the government get the taxes based on the deal that was done, and you go protest about something else. I hear there's a man with a chainsaw gonna cut a tree outside Mullingar. The branch is hitting the roof of his house and will knock it. But there is a caterpillar in the tree so the house should be moved according to the few hippies that are there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

In fact the field was found by an Irish exploration company which was then aquired by Shell. Have any of you even considered the fact that Shell have broken a court injunction to cease work on the pipeline yet are still attempting to do so and are being protected while attempting by the Garda- Who in effect so are protecting them while they break the law...

i'm Outta here. to be continued

obiously the pink ones are not working, please take the blue ones instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bet you can't mix with people. not your fault though you probably still want to be a footballer or a popstar or something sad like that. What do you think should be done with the resource then? do you think we should let shell etc have it or do you think it should be fought for??? Or have you even got an opinion?

Less of the antagonism please. Just because people disagree with your political position doesn't give you the right to start getting personal with them. Ignore this warning and I'll remove your access to this forum.

Advertisement