Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone call TV3 and tell them to put Rocky Balboa on

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Mask wrote: »
    I emailed them. Info@tv3.ie cc to Martin King
    Subject ADRAIN!!!

WHERES ROCKY

Regards
    Mask

Sorted

Thank you. Problem sorted. Thread closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

davyjose wrote: »
    You're online. Have a **** instead.

Im too depressed to even ****. I'll probably **** in like......... 5 minutes or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The only sly film worth watching lately is rambo. that film was perfect in every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

ScumLord wrote: »
    The only sly film worth watching lately is rambo. that film was perfect in every way.

What about STOP, or my mom will shoot?

Whats the chances of a TV3 going stopping this movie and the announcer coming on and saying "sorry we've made a terrible mistake, we were supposed to show Rocky Balboa so instead of doing what we usually do, ie ignoring the mistake and not even acknowledging the fact Rocky should of been shown, instead we are going to show it now, albeit an hour and a bit late. Our sincere apologies."

Pipe dreams are good.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I doubt it was. Fairly lame one if it was.
    I'm happy, thats all that matters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I locked this thread 50 replies ago and then re-opened it on a whim. Congrats all for proving me wrong.
    If only we could get an image dispensation on AH for lolcats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I locked this thread 50 replies ago
    In after the lock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I wasn't going to watch the moive, but now I have seen this thread I am outraged.

Who can I sue ?

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote: »
    I wasn't going to watch the moive, but now I have seen this thread I am outraged.

Who can I sue ?

I believe we can sue TV3, I booked the night off work to watch this movie......and I have a wife and 3 kids to feed! I want loss of earnings and mental anguish. I'll settle for €5k no less.

I believe we can sue TV3, I booked the night off work to watch this movie......and I have a wife and 3 kids to feed!

Give them some of your take-away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

jhegarty wrote: »

Who can I sue ?

Sue shamblertine. No one would have known only for him. No one watches TV3.

Give them some of your take-away

But I sent them out to the park because I wanted peace and quiet to watch the movie. The food is mostly eaten and I threw the left overs in the bin, they're probably too cold to eat now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is the Transporter really that good....I cant stand any film with that Statham guy in it.....he seems to be only able to portray the same type of guy in his films....you know, the tough British geezer who shoots stuff, drives car quiet fast, shoots more stuff, snogs some slapper, drives off again etc etc yadda yadda

Shame.

Well, they just made the big jump in "The Bus That couldn't Slow Down". And my third Bulmers is just as yummy as the first. So I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

This crowd are making setanta look like pros tonight, the wrong film on for 2 hours, thats gotta be the worst i've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Who cares about Balboa, or the Bus that couldn't stop. Days of Thunder is on E4.

Tom Cruise, Vroom Vroom, back in the day when he was still trying to prove to Kidman that he wasn't ghey, so he was acting his ass off.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Who cares about Balboa, or the Bus that couldn't stop. Days of Thunder is on E4.

Tom Cruise, Vroom Vroom, back in the day when he was still trying to prove to Kidman that he wasn't ghey, so he was acting his ass off.

Where were you two hours ago? I've been watching a bloody bus all night, and all the while there were nascars? And an even more outdated nostalgia movie. Sir, you make me sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the upside at least your licence fee isn't funding new ways to ruin your Wednesday night in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Where were you two hours ago? I've been watching a bloody bus all night, and all the while there were nascars? And an even more outdated nostalgia movie. Sir, you make me sick!
    E4+1 my friend. ;)

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    E4+1 my friend. ;)

I'm banished to the telly without all the channels. Hence the Speed and Boards for two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ah seen The Transporter too many times!

Gotta love that Stath though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Speed- Keanu Reeves in a film where he dosen't actually seem like a robot for once, but still lame actor for a movie that is only satisfactory because Dennis Hopper got his head knocked off in it.

The Transporter- Jason 'I'll do your head in' Statham trying to be the British Chuck Norris in what I can only imagine is the second best movie that he's in, the other being Mean Machine.

Rocky Balboa- Sly in the latest installment of Rocky in which he tries to prove that he's still fcuking hard despite the fact that he's clearly well within his limits.

Yep I think I was right to just go out tonight and have a little fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

At the start of Rocky the TV3 announcer said it couldn't be shown due to "technical difficulties". I dunno, maybe they lost the tape or something. :P Pity they chose Transporter instead though...

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The Transporter- Jason 'I'll do your head in' Statham trying to be the British Chuck Norris in what I can only imagine is the second best movie that he's in, the other being Mean Machine.

Lock Stock and Snatch are his best by a country mile dude.

Funny post though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

If Stallone finds out about this he will Rambo all their asses :eek: in Tv3.
    It will be First Blood all over again.
    God help Martin King if he goes up in the helicopter!.

Maybe someone should phone stallone,and let him do a job on Tv3.Just picture it...building in flames,impaled corpses all over the place,and RTE film crews getting their best news coverage in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd rather eat the rotten anus of a roadkill skunk then watch the transporter

Terrible film!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

If Stallone finds out about this he will Rambo all their asses :eek: in Tv3.
    It will be First Blood all over again.
    God help Martin King if he goes up in the helicopter!.

Maybe someone should phone stallone,and let him do a job on Tv3.Just picture it...building in flames,impaled corpses all over the place,and RTE film crews getting their best news coverage in years.

Would be the first exciting thing that ever happened to TV3

Heres what happened...

From:Sian Shepherd (sian.shepard@tv3.ie) on behalf of info (info@tv3.ie)

Dear Mask,

Unfortunately we experienced extreme last minute technical problems with the Rocky Balboa tape that was delivered to us, the problem and title change was announced before the film commenced,
    Please accept my sincerest apologies for this; unfortunately it was out of our hands,

Regards,

Sian Shepherd
    Programming
    TV3

Sent: 17 June 2009 22:11
    To: info
    Subject: ADRAIN!!

Hi

Wheres Rocky?

Thanks.

Mask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

ask her out to the AH beers.

ask her out to the AH beers.

Here she is know as the Boomerang Kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Stekelly wrote: »
    The transporter is not crap.

Crap it is not.

However, absolute fupping shoite is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Is the Transporter really that good....I cant stand any film with that Statham guy in it.....he seems to be only able to portray the same type of guy in his films....you know, the tough British geezer who shoots stuff, drives car quiet fast, shoots more stuff, snogs some slapper, drives off again etc etc yadda yadda

And what's wrong with that? The man is a hero and everything you described there make for good viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Not a fan of the Rocky films so didn't put tv3 on. Had a known the Transporter was on I definitely would have watched that! I love that film! Maybe next time!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lads, keep the personal stuff off of here please. The lady has a job to do, personal comments and some frankly creepy suggestions of a date (wtf?) are not welcome. Thanks :)

DeV.

it wasn't a date as such, it was just a request to meet up as friends- if something more came out of it, then so be it :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

does that work much for you?! :rolleyes: :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I'd rather eat the rotten anus of a roadkill skunk then watch the transporter

Terrible film!!

I thought it was odd when I saw Statham in place of Stallone. It was a bit freaky as I'd seen the ad for Balboa and was flicking through and saw yer man's gruff face and thought "was there two Rocky Balboa sequels ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They didn't have the rights to show the film. RTÉ are going to be showing it this Autumn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So basically TV3 were lying and are Guilty of false advertising in order to get viewers, i will be writing a complaint to the BCC tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Holy thread resurrection.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Holy thread resurrection.

I have resurrected older threads. Couldn't find the one on the Television forum for this !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Mask wrote: »
    Heres what happened...

From:Sian Shepherd (sian.shepard@tv3.ie) on behalf of info (info@tv3.ie)

Dear Mask,

Unfortunately we experienced extreme last minute technical problems with the Rocky Balboa tape that was delivered to us, the problem and title change was announced before the film commenced,
    Please accept my sincerest apologies for this; unfortunately it was out of our hands,

Regards,

Sian Shepherd
    Programming
    TV3

Sent: 17 June 2009 22:11
    To: info
    Subject: ADRAIN!!

Hi

Wheres Rocky?

Thanks.

Mask

So "Extreme last minute Technical Difficulties with the Rocky Balboa Tape" = not having a licence to show the film

I call Shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Elmo wrote: »
    They didn't have the rights to show the film. RTÉ are going to be showing it this Autumn.

How do you know that?

just curious is all

• Advertisement

How do you know that?

just curious is all

New season of movies on RTÉ ONE. Coincidence?

Advertisement