Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck in amusical rut- help!!!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

well i've found that i'm getting bored of the music on my iPod and desperately need some new bands/songs/genres on it to keep me loving my iPod! here are some of the artists that i like- any reccommendations welcome!
    Oasis, Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Coronas, The Blizzards, MGMT, Adam and The Ants, Kings of Leon, Future Kings of Spain, Radiohead, The Dirty Epics, The Fratellis, We are Scientists, The Klaxons, dandy Warhols, The Kooks, Kasabian.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Best recent band I've come across that aren't on your list are Gaslight Anthem, great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Camera Obscura, get in.

Try and get this move over to the indie forum, might get better responses considering what you've listed so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No wonder you're in a rut listening to all those Q magazine-type bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

Currently burning out:
    The Brian Jonestown massacre [they're like dandy warhols only they're actually good at what they do]
    Ataxia
    Biffy Clyro
    Crystal Castles
    Sage Francis
    Slint
    John Frusciante

Judgin by what the general style of what you listed you might not find any of them too offensive to your ears. Give em a spin sez I!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

the editors - simply superb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kathyd91

imo you should check out The Maccabees

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Passion Pit are amazing. Been listening to their album on repeat for most of the past few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If you're stuck in a rut, try listening to some music you wouldn't normally listen to.

How about some Jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

If you're stuck in a rut, try listening to some music you wouldn't normally listen to.

How about some Jazz?

thanks, that was only a small selection of what i like! my musical taste is diverse enough- Frank Sinatra, Bach and Bocelli all make an apperance on my ipod!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Nolanger wrote: »
    No wonder you're in a rut listening to all those Q magazine-type bands.

well thanks for your 'enlightening' input
    who are you into darlin?
    suggestions would be nice, not (what i presume you think it is) insults

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

introduce yourself to The Stone Roses and you will never look back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

I recommend you and everyone you know listen to Dan Deacon. Especially Wham City, it's such a ridiculous song. You'll have a smile plastered on your face from beginning to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Old time favourites if your sick of today's music, thats I did.

Y'know, Bee Gees, Nirvana, Michael Jackson, Beatles, Elvis, Stevie Wonder etc.

Great Music from the past,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Get into Dylan, Neil Young, Tim Buckley, Joni Mitchell, Richard Thompson if you are not already. A lot, if not all, of the acts you list are influenced by some/all of these. More recent artists Anthony and the Johnsons, Rufus and Martha Wainwright, Teddy Thompson are some you might enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Seing as you have listed some bands influenced by the popier side of early 80's post punk I would recommend checking out The Chameleons UK and of their 3 albums would be a good place to start although their début script of the bridge might be the best place

Advertisement