Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you say hello to other peoples children?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

zuroph wrote: »
    i always do the tongue stick out thing, its fun to see the different reactions. some kids tell on you to their parents straight away, some sneak doing it back etc.

years ago i was working in a shop, and i had my hair dyed blue. kid comes up to the counter with his mam, and smiles. I stick my tongue out, and kid says "MAMMY LOOK AT THE CLOWN!" kids can be so cruel :(

Well kids do just come out with what's on their mind. Adults hide it.

One or two I know can point out habits I have that I never knew I had. (All good clean habits!) Wee sh*tes!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Two little Indian kids (Under three years old) are always playing in the hallway in the apartment complex. They started off waving, so I just gave a "Hiya" back... now they keep running over and just saying "Hiya" over and over again when ever they see me...

How rude! :p

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

My kid has got bored with saying hello.he now says 'im a dinosaur rawr' or 'im a robot'.it seems to be winning over all the blond chicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

yes and I also offer them sweeties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

auditek923 wrote: »
    i really hate whan i say hello or wave to someone from my car and they dont respond or just stare at me. how hard is it to say hello.

DEFO COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

If they say hello, I would say hello back. It doesn't cost anything to be polite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yep do say hello back... would seem a bit rude not too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

If a child I don't know says hello to me I tell them that Santa isn't real. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

My kid has got bored with saying hello.he now says 'im a dinosaur rawr' or 'im a robot'.it seems to be winning over all the blond chicks!

Good to know,
    I'll Have to try that on Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I always say hello to kids who say hello to me I don't think its freakish to say hello . but I notice I always make eye contact with people when I walk down the street ( not on purpose ) and say hello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ha, something similar happened when I had pink hair Zuroph.

I was in the supermarket one Sunday morning and I overheard a little girl tell her father I had pink hair. He hadn't seen me at this point, so he told her that hair couldn't be pink. She insisted my hair was pink (which it was) and he denied it again. Then I walked past him, giggling to myself, and he had to backtrack and apologise to the child.

Child 1 Parent 0!

Advertisement