Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast under 10 euro in City Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

the earl on earl street, lovely brekkie

The worst breakfast I have ever eaten in my life .. or should I say half eaten. Terrible ..

My favourite at a reasonable price has been has been Casanostra on Marlborough St. However, the best was Bentleys on The Green .. €18 but worth it.

Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Gerry's on Montague St., just off Wexford St.!

Definitely worth checking out, haven't been in it in a good while but it used to be the best around town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well if you are going that far out then The House, a couple doors up from Country kitchen is brilliant. Serves brunch on sundays till about 4 too! Great fry up, also pancakes and even homemade beans instead of tinned ones. But a little more expensive.

Yeah it's a bit pricey and one of those small portions on a large plate type dealies. There is another new place that does a lovely poached egg & hollandaise in Howth for around 1/2 the price of House, it's beside the Dart station called Quay West.
    I still say Country Kitchen is the best in Howth for a good breakfast. The pancakes in House are lovely though.

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit pricey and one of those small portions on a large plate type dealies. There is another new place that does a lovely poached egg & hollandaise in Howth for around 1/2 the price of House, it's beside the Dart station called Quay West.
    I still say Country Kitchen is the best in Howth for a good breakfast. The pancakes in House are lovely though.

Had two excellent breakfasts this week that thought deserved a mention.

Firstly, place called Chrous that I came accross by accident - on Fishamble St at the side of Christchurch. Price was Eur 8 and the sausages were very nice indeed. Allthough the need to replace the teapots as it was imposible not spill the tea no matter how hard I tried.

If anyone can, then post backm I'd like to know how you managed it :)

Also, while some may feel, not a big deal - they have a selection of newspapers for you to read. Now I always buy a paper to read when going for a breakfast so that there is a euro knocked off.

However, the next is now simply my all-time-favourite breakfast in Dublin. It's in a little Italian cafe in Malahide down the bottom of Townyard lane.

I've been raving about their pizzas for a year or more but never had breakfast there (can be ordered all day) and was bowled over. Top drawer and think it was 10 Euro with pot of tea and a basket of bread (which, when eaten they asked if I wanted more).

Staff were really nice and the place has a really relaxed feel about it.

Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nico22 wrote: »
    However, the next is now simply my all-time-favourite breakfast in Dublin. It's in a little Italian cafe in Malahide down the bottom of Townyard lane.

Is it Thats Amore on the right had side as you go down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

The best that I've found is Marks and Spencers on Grafton St. Eggs benedict freshly squeezed orange juice and a nice coffee, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Quint wrote: »
    the ones in Matt the Rashers are award winning! they're small but they give you 3. and if you don't want the liver you can get an extra 3 instead. It's out of town though!

+1 on Matt the Rashers Quint. Fantastic breakfast. Two rashers, 3 delicious sausages, mushrooms (which are especially delicious), scrambled eggs, hash browns, black pudding, toast and coffee for €8.

Can't beat it.

Davy wrote: »
    Is it Thats Amore on the right had side as you go down?

Can't believe I didn't include the name :)

Yeah, it's That's Amore - great little place. Only thing I haven't had so far from the menu is the Burgers.

You know the place then?

Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can't believe I didn't include the name :)

Yeah, it's That's Amore - great little place. Only thing I haven't had so far from the menu is the Burgers.

You know the place then?

Nico

I know it ye, haven't been in it yet but will give it a try. Wasnt sure it thats the place you were talking bout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St. Unbelievable full Irish for well under the €10. Tea/Coffee and toast included!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 silurian1980

Cafe Sofia, Wexford St next door to the bike shop. Great brekkie for about €6 and very polite staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Just misread your initial post and thought it said ' Bed and breakfast for under10 euro in City Centre'!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've been raving about their pizzas for a year or more but never had breakfast there (can be ordered all day) and was bowled over. Top drawer and think it was 10 Euro with pot of tea and a basket of bread (which, when eaten they asked if I wanted more).

Staff were really nice and the place has a really relaxed feel about it.

Nico

I went to the very same a few weeks ago – gem of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pflat

Big thanks to the OP. Went to Kennedys today for breakfast and wasn't disappointed. Great find.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

where can i get some lovely pancakes?:D

Avoca (Suffolk Street) have Pancakes with crispy bacon and maple syrup.
    Haven't tried them yet but I think I will when I get a chance.

They open at 10am.

Advertisement