Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone mms not working

• 17-06-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Recently switched to vodafone pre pay from o2 and now have to go to bloody website to view multimedia messages sent to my phone.How do i set phione to recieve them directly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Had the same issue. Called Vodafone support. They claimed my settings on the phone are wrong (they were correct) and resent them (the settings they sent never arrived). A couple of days later everything started to work without me changing a single setting on the phone.

I had issues with other things not working correctly for some time after porting to Vodafone, for example I could not register on My Vodafone for the first 3 days. It seems like their account provisioning is very slow across their systems, it happens in stages and can take more than a week after you port over to them.

If you can send MMS fine then I am 99% sure that your account is currently not correctly setup for MMS, so give customer support a call. They will claim it is the settings, but might later set it up correctly behind the scenes. Alternatively, wait at least a week and might start to work all by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pop these settings into your phone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855433&postcount=40

+ edit - of course I beat you to it CM! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Random wrote: »
    Pop these settings into your phone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855433&postcount=40

+ edit - of course I beat you to it CM! ;)

Random, when I had my issue I had those exact settings (and I still have them). I could send MMS, but not receive it - it would always arrive as an SMS with a pointer to a web page. The OP might have the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The fact that he said he swapped from o2 to vodafone and this is when it started happening. I'm assuming he kept the same phone.

This is why i'm suggesting checking the settings.

I would always suggest checking with care before posting here asking for help but it's so obvious i sometimes forget to mention it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement