Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does whiskey last for in a hip flask?

• 17-06-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just discovered my credit crunch busting hip flask has had some whiskey in it for the last few weeks - any idea if it'd be still drinkable?

TIA
    :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It'll be the same as when it went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Rex Manning

Much obliged! thought that'd be the case alright but wasn't sure if corrosion would be an issue

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

If it's made of metal it might not last as long.
    I've got one and the "Manual" says that you shouldn't store contents in it for more than 3 days.

Whether or not this relates to Whiskey, I'm not sure... just a little heads up for ya ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

How long does whiskey last for in a hip flask?

How fast do you drink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The wiskey will last but the taste will depend on the hip flash. I got a free JD one and stored some Vodka in it over a week and it had a slight metalic tang off it when it was consumed. Now that flask is just an ornament.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

As Mantel says if it is in there for a few days and it is made from stainless steel you may get a metalic taste off it. Won't do you any harm though ;)

I think they are all much the same no matter how good they are.

Not sure about silver ones but you can get glass ones which will suffice for longer terms.

Advertisement