Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 'ie boards Blackout Cup' Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

getting badly beaten already but I loved this quote.

"Lewelyn got taken out during that lineout and he's shaking his head to check all the marbles are still in there... Was Llewelyn taken high there? I didn't see anything but he is feeling around his mouth a bit gingerly! Rabbit is going to take his place as Llewelyn is leaving the field... wait a moment, did Llewelyn just wink to Daves DangerMen sideline as he was coming off??!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Nice one Ares... here's one from my match against Everyone Loves a Tryer

"A lot of congestion around the tackle, and the ball pops back from the chocolate factory!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nice one Ares... here's one from my match against Everyone Loves a Tryer

"A lot of congestion around the tackle, and the ball pops back from the chocolate factory!"

Just saw that myself! excellent match dreamer_ire, only a point in it!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Just saw that myself! excellent match dreamer_ire, only a point in it!

Not any more.... your boys are playing great stuff

Closed it out nicely.... well done eoferrall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Round 2 results here.

What really matters is my destruction job of Curly Sue's Death Squad though... :p

My fullback was 'monumental', but my thumb is broken..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Orizio wrote: »
    Round 2 results here.

What really matters is my destruction job of Curly Sue's Death Squad though... :p

Ouch!

Just started reading the match there. At the start I was thinking "ok, it's going ok... grand... could be ok... ok...."
    Then the penalties began.
    Then the heads dipped.
    Then scrumhalf got killed.
    Then the "cutting through the defense like a hot knife through butter" began
    Then the scrumhalf got replaced again, somehow by a youth team 2nd row (must look into that)
    I had to stop reading after the scores. I scanned the page to see if my boys had any attempts. They didn't.

Not any more.... your boys are playing great stuff
    Closed it out nicely.... well done eoferrall.

course that had to happen as soon as i posted that! but I aint complaining - the score flatters me though, it was close the whole way through and I enjoyed the play. some good commentary in there as usual!

on another note Orizo's review of our match was pretty accurate, good man orizo and ajeffres i am looking forward to volume 2 of jeffs journal!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I really wanted to go LTNT since i was playing the only other team in my division but I couldnt risk it considering Im playing the team in 1st in my league this week :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I really wanted to go LTNT since i was playing the only other team in my division but I couldnt risk it considering Im playing the team in 1st in my league this week :(

I had hoped you'd prove me wrong and win regardless, but damn he has an impressive team!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Yeah, I knew if I didnt LTNT him I'd lose going by player on player. Its depressing to be honest :rolleyes:. I really just couldn't risk it since I'm LTNT'ing my next opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Good win Zaraba although I thought I had stolen a bonus point on the last play of the game.

My lads did better than I expected tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeay! I won a game!! :D

Just looked at league...think I'm being short changed on the table as I've won one, have one try bonus and one losing bonus and over all points are 5! :p

What's the craic with this anyway? Never really asked...do 1st and 2nd go through? Also, do you get a trophy on your home page in BR if you win!! hehe

I'm fooked anyway, my seconds are pure cack, so wont be making it out of my group either way..

*deletes the rest of Raging Bulls' points*

That'll shut you the **** up...

Won against Stev_o, yet another nilling. :D

In fact, that is four clean sheets in a row! (one against a bot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I won my match to pretty well, 30-7 against geraldine FC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Beaten comfortably again. Have to stop playing WNWIM:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

suppafly wrote: »
    I won my match to pretty well, 30-7 against geraldine FC

Well done I missed the game but looking back it looks bad. The only good thing I can see is that I denied you the bp. Out of interest what intensity did you use?

WOOO won 42-0 nice victory there!:eek: was 2/3 of my full team so was a strong team, sorry Banner warriors but my OH had a good day... princely infact!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ajeffares wrote: »
    Well done I missed the game but looking back it looks bad. The only good thing I can see is that I denied you the bp. Out of interest what intensity did you use?

Ya got done in the scrums. Lost a few against the head. i LTNT'd. The league i'm in now all the teams a crap and i win most of the games 40 something or more nil. So I don't need to use LTNT in the league at all really. what was your intensity set to?

suppafly wrote: »
    i LTNT'd. The league i'm in now all the teams a crap and i win most of the games 40 something or more nil. So I don't need to use LTNT in the league at all really. what was your intensity set to?

Normal. I'm going to TNT from now on to make one last push for the Finals

Forza Juve manager, WNWIM next week?

I'm not sure what intensity to play on Monday. Who is the gideons manager? WNWIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hmmm, i see im playing musicboxers tommorrow. Will be a toughie as their prob the best team in it!

However the Gnomes fear noone!!

Advertisement