Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

next steps

• 18-06-2009 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey guys would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give. have just finished my Bsc in Psychology wit a 2.1. I missed the deadlines to apply for a masters or phd this year so unfortunately have to wait til next year. I would really like to go into clinical psychology and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how i can give myself a better chance of gettin into a clinical course next year as i dont fancy wasting another year! I have a years experience of volunteer work in the national rehab hospital working with brain injured patients should i continue to do this? and any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

I suspect that you can still apply for postgrad stuff. Colleges/universities would only be too happy to take more people in (as long as you pay them the fees!). I am still applying for PhDs (I already have one lined up but am keeping my options open).

Where are you looking for postgrad courses?

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 yoohoo

hey thanks for the reply! Do you reckon they'l take late applications?? I was lookin into trinity and contacted them but they said the deadline has passed so i just assumed i had no hope!

If it's a PhD research degree, then you can't argue with them over the deadline. I was talking about Masters' taught courses mostly. Sorry, I should have been more clear. You should still contact the supervisor directly though, as I sent a late application into the University of Bath and was subsequently called for interview (...beautiful city, is Bath).

oh really? thanks i might have a look into applying late thanks!!

If you are thinking about the UK, then have a look at this website:

http://findaphd.com/

It's fantastic.

• Advertisement

thanks this site is great!! I wasnt really considerin the uk but theres some good stuff here that may change my mind :D

...because of that site, I've got my PhD in York lined up, but I've also had interviews for ones in Liverpool, Bath, and London. I'm still applying - There's fantastic opportunity in the UK

wow well done goodluck wit the PhD :D

Advertisement