Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800x600 resolution on start up...

Options
  • 18-06-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello everyone,,,

My laptop is a Dell Latitude C400. Earlier on i was looking at other threads to see how to get skype, msn messenger and another program that i can't think of right now to stop starting up when my system boots up. Was taking ages to boot up.

So i followed the instructions of..
    1. Start/Run
    2. Type in msconfig
    3. In the general tab, it was on selective start up which was fine.
    4. Go to Start up tab and unclick what i didn't want to start up.
    5. Restart system.

So when it booted up a box appeared and said to go back to the general tab and pick normal start up.

I didn't know what to do then so i clicked it and restarted computer again and now everytime i restart the computer it starts up with 800x600 resolution which its really annoying. (Have to say i'm sorry i ever went at it) Have to go back to control panel, display, settings and change to 1024 by 768 and it will stay that way then while i'm on the computer..

Anyone have any ideas how i can keep the resolution at 1024 by 768??

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bonnie_cash

I actually don't have any other account except for administrator. Always logged in on that. My computer actually starts up at 1024 by 768 and then the screen flashes black and comes back on and then flashes black again and then comes back on at 800 by 600. Don't know whether that info helps or not. Thanks for replying anyway Capt'n Midnight. Much appreciated..

Advertisement