Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Stone Cherry

• 18-06-2009 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Black Stone Cherry return to Dublin to play the Academy on October 12th 2009. Black Stone Cherry, are a Kentucky band that have redefined southern rock for a modern audience.

AWESOME!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cool. Last year's release Folklore And Superstitions still gets a lot of plays with me and the ten extra songs on this year's reissue of that album are pretty good also.

I shall be trotting along to see them again as I really enjoyed it the first time I went to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Big BSC fan, would love to see em live, their first two albums have been fantastic, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

I saw them at download at the weekend and they were great, think I'll go see them again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got their last album as part of my "get to know Graspop bands you've never heard of before" buzz. Really enjoy it and can't wait to see 'em next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

there touring with nickleback through europe hopefully they turn up if nickleback decide to arrive to ireland i would have no problem spending any amount of money to see BSC regardless where they are on the bill, they would be my fav band at the moment from todays choice of bands! class live, real entertainers, does the drummer still do the solo with his hands!???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hyn-zie wrote: »
    does the drummer still do the solo with his hands!???
    Yup he did it at the Academy in Dec . One of my favourite bands at the moment so energetic when they play live and its good to see actual Rock N Roll gigs happen in Ireland . Have seen them twice (at the Academy in Dec and at Rock Im Park in Germany 2 weeks ago) and will def go see them again in a few months time . Love both of there albums

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

have to admit i prefer their first album.
    Still a very solid band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

any sign of nickelback coming with them. seen nickel last year what a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Fantastic stuff. I saw them last time they were here and they were one of the best live bands I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Haha, not to be confused with the English funk band, CherryBlackStone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Picked up their first album when it came out on the back of Lonely Train, loved that single. I do like me a bit of southern rock I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Just seen there Loaded are doing support for the uk! what a line up! fingers crossed they come here with them!!

Advertisement