Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Struggling in School...Advice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Sorry to hear about that. Some children are very naturally shy and I would agree myself that it is a rash decision to make in an hour considering the school should be paying attention to his needs. I would speak to the principal sooner rather than later so he knows that you really are dedicated to getting the best for your son and feel the need for this spot. Maybe explain that the shyness is just a stranger thing and he opens up quickly when he gets to know people. Its a normal way for children to behave. The principal may have other reasons that he did not put across easily so give him a chance to do this if possible.

I recommend calling tomorrow if you can, reason being I know one of the schools close to us with limited spaces gave preference to parents who made the better attempts to secure places.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Sorry to hear about that. Some children are very naturally shy and I would agree myself that it is a rash decision to make in an hour considering the school should be paying attention to his needs. I would speak to the principal sooner rather than later so he knows that you really are dedicated to getting the best for your son and feel the need for this spot. Maybe explain that the shyness is just a stranger thing and he opens up quickly when he gets to know people. Its a normal way for children to behave. The principal may have other reasons that he did not put across easily so give him a chance to do this if possible.

I recommend calling tomorrow if you can, reason being I know one of the schools close to us with limited spaces gave preference to parents who made the better attempts to secure places.

Was thinking along these lines mself. There probably were other things and I will ring tomorrow. I think the school you mentioned may be the same one as I am in Lucan myself. I didnt want to name it as I dont want to give out a bad impression of the school which maybe unfair and undermine the good work that they obviously do. Could you PM me if you could assist anymore?

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I've pm'd you there, I dont think it is the same school, the one I was referring to was the secondary school.

Advertisement