Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with BTEA

• 18-06-2009 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I qualify for the BTEA this year which i was told will continue through colllege, thing is if i make it to 3rd yr i'll have to go on Co-op which means i'll be working again, Will i lose the BTEA allowance doing the Co-op?

I'm being made redundent and have never been on the dole.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm not sure on that, but try ringing the University and asking them.
    Student Academic Administration or the fees office perhaps.

Maybe our education officer may be able to shed some light also...Ninty9er?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

No you don't...what you have to do every year to to get a letter from the University saying that you are still attending and going to the University.
    Co-op is taken as just another year at University.
    However, if you are a mature student and have work experience abroad you can skip co-op year. I'm 33 going back to UL doing HPSS course.
    I have worked abroad (nothing related to the course) and in the interview they told me that i have enough work experience to skip all that hence doing my qualification in 3 years. That might be another option for you!
    Hope this helps...

Kev..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

Thanks for your help lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mossin wrote: »
    Maybe our education officer may be able to shed some light also...Ninty9er?

Education is thataway ---->

I'll look into it anyway for future reference where circumstances vary.

Advertisement