Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT REPLY PLS

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

Received a registered letter this morning and without looking signed. This letter is not for me can i bring it back to post office????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Yes, you can.

It's not correct for you to open the letter if it's not addressed to you, so bringing it back is the only course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Thank you

Even if this letter is for my partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

minnieq wrote: »
    Thank you

absolutely - officially the person it's intended for has to sign, though in practice it is normally just someone at the address.

if you haven't signed for it, bring it back - are you sure it isnt just swift post ( they have barcodes too ) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thank you

This is some kind of warning/legal letter and he doesn't want it, isn't it? If it was delivered to the correct address, then it's done. If the address was wrong, then you could send it back saying so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jor el wrote: »
    This is some kind of warning/legal letter and he doesn't want it, isn't it? If it was delivered to the correct address, then it's done. If the address was wrong, then you could send it back saying so.

Agreed, if its some sort of legal letter then there's nothing anyone can do as its been accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Sorry Ex partner, he no longer lives at this address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sorry Ex partner, he no longer lives at this address
    then the address is wrong if it only names him and not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Write return to sender on it, and stick it in any post box. Or write his new address on it, and stick it in a post box. Either will do fine.

Advertisement