Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Li-Po

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Gents,

Just after getting my M4A1 internals upgraded and now its Li-Po good to go - Hey that rhymed!!:D
    Anyway, I've noticed a lack of them in irish retailers. Is there a decent, reliable site, or retailer - sorry if my research wasn't as indepth as it should have been:o, to buy from.
    And those of you that have purchased them, is there much of a difference.
    By the way it's a nunchuck style, as I have a 9.6v.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Eirsoft have a few in store.

They're not on the site, but last time i was there they had 7.4's and chargers, maybe 11.1 i'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Cheers Sod'OSwords.

I had a look on their site alright before posting this and didn't see any.
    Will have to take a trip in to see them then.

Cheers for that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Not to hi-jack your thread or anything, but whats a li-po exactly?

Rob,

I know I'm gonna sound like a spa for saying this but, this is the second post I've put up and it's the second time that someone has jumped in.

The Getting started thread is one of the best places for putting up your questions if you genuinely are looking for input or answers. So if you have one don't be afraid to start a new thread.;)

To get back on track here's the info you're looking for.

Lithium-ion polymer batteries, polymer lithium ion, or more commonly lithium polymer batteries (abbreviated Li-poly, Li-Pol, LiPo, LIP, PLI or LiP) are rechargeable batteries (secondary cell batteries). Normally batteries are composed of several identical secondary cells in parallel addition to increase the discharge current capability.
    A compelling advantage of Li-poly cells is that manufacturers can shape the battery almost however they please, which can be important to mobile phone manufacturers constantly working on smaller, thinner, and lighter phones.
    180px-LiPo.jpg
    3-Cell LiPo for RC-models

Li-poly batteries are also gaining favor in the world of Radio-controlled aircraft as well as Radio-controlled cars, where the advantages of both lower weight and greatly increased run times can be sufficient justification for the price. Some airsoft gun owners have switched to LiPo batteries due to the above reasons and the increased rate of fire they provide. However, lithium polymer-specific chargers are required to avoid fire and explosion. Explosions can also occur if the battery is short-circuited, as tremendous current passes through the cell in an instant. Radio-control enthusiasts take special precautions to ensure their battery leads are properly connected and insulated. Furthermore fires can occur if the cell or pack is punctured. Radio-controlled car batteries are often protected by durable plastic cases to prevent puncture. Specially designed electronic motor speed controls are used to prevent excessive discharge and subsequent battery damage. This is achieved using a low voltage cutoff (LVC) setting that is adjusted to maintain cell voltage greater than (typically) 3 V per cell.

Hope this helps.

The main thing to take away from it is that if your gearbox can take it, a li-po will increase your ROF considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Ah sorry about that then, just always wanted to know what it was :)

Thanks for the info

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Hey solid if you want to know anything about lipos talk to the lads in <banned retailer> and they will tell you what lipo you need and how to watch it also when it charges. they also have lipos in the shop too.i use lipos in my m4 for a while now and its a big difference in my m4...only down side is the amount of bbs you use....a lot..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

AUDI, that retailer has been banned from here please reference the charter for further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

sorry for hi jaking again but would a 7.4v li-po be better that a normal 8.4v
    oh and could a jg styer aug a3 run on an 11.1v li-po

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i run my styer a3 on a 11.1v lipo and its ok,,,, what you do is up to yourself you will wear the internals out faster with the big voltages,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Eirsoft tend not to update their site alot but they likely have lipo batteries just give them a ring to find out.

Btw I wouldnt go for too high a voltage lipo unless your used to working on your guns internal. I had an 11.1v lipo in my upgraded TM P90 and the rof was so high it snapped the piston on the first days gaming.......... But it had an EPIC rof :P sounded like a hairdryer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

daz801 wrote: »
    sorry for hi jaking again but would a 7.4v li-po be better that a normal 8.4v
    oh and could a jg styer aug a3 run on an 11.1v li-po

7.4 li-po is about the same rof wise as a 9.6v.

Tbh I don't see much need for such a high rof as a 11.1 li-po and in many cases it could lead to your gun dying a horrible death, or slowly tearing itself apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

7.4 li-po is about the same rof wise as a 9.6v.

Tbh I don't see much need for such a high rof as a 11.1 li-po and in many cases it could lead to your gun dying a horrible death, or slowly tearing itself apart.

Yes but with an epic rof :D

Cheers for the info lads.

To be honest I think I'll go ahead with the lipo.
    The way I see it is that it's gonna die at some stage so might as well go down in a blaze of glory!!!!:pac:
    Qeue the music!!!:P

I got the gearbox done by a reputable source, no names will be mentioned for obvious reasons but he did say that it would now easily handle a lipo and should def get one to get the most out of it. The current set up with the 9.6 is pretty damn fast but hey it's no lipo.

Stay frosty:cool:

Advertisement