Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football this weekend, June 19-20

• 18-06-2009 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Main fixture this week: realtm football v. Confederations Cup a meaningless marketing exercise.

Last games before the break. Sligo are in form and dangerous, so we will have a job on our hands. Otherwise, it's g'wan the underdogs all round... Bray, Drogs, Galway, and possibly even Dundalk.

19 Jun 2009 Bohemians 7:45 :cool: Sligo Rovers Dalymount Park
    19 Jun 2009 Derry City 7:45 Bray Wanderers The Brandywell
    19 Jun 2009 Drogheda United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic United Park
    19 Jun 2009 Cork City 8:00 Dundalk Turner's Cross
    20 Jun 2009 Shamrock Rovers 7:45 Galway United Tallaght Stadium

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im moving to Australia, so this will be my last Rovers game for a year at least :(

Ill be starting threads about Melbourne Victory soon enough

Daring prediction: Rovers to beat Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

On paper should be a result win for Rovers, but the brutal home form makes anything possible. Hopefully Baz will stay in the team, and MON should probably consider leaving Twigg on the bench as he looks beat.

Hopefully somebody will tap up Jay O Shea at the game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What confed cup game is on? Anything is better than CCFC these days.

reagrds,
    former "real" fan

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

City to go completely mad and ensure O'Connor's sacking by recording a 4 - 0 win.

Results will go our way (Bohs lose, Derry draw) to ensure we go into the break on top of the table with a massive 1 point lead.

gimmick wrote: »
    What confed cup game is on? Anything is better than CCFC these days.

reagrds,
    former "real" fan
    I bet Cork win 6-0 playing samba football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CiaranC wrote: »
    Im moving to Australia, so this will be my last Rovers game for a year at least :(
    Bloody nightmare mate, getting texts at all hours of a Saturday morning.

Ill be starting threads about Melbourne Victory soon enough

I was a Sydney FC man myself ;)

But yeah, do try and get to some games to get your live football fix. It's not too far removed from the LoI in terms of standard, but in terms of organisation it's light years ahead.

It is Franchise Football though. But I suppose Rovers are a Tallaght Franchise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Derry to give us a walloping tomorrow night. We're missing a few players (Kav, Foran, Shields, Webster) and Pender still isn't back to full fitness.

Add to that, we always get thrashed by Derry up there. It will probably be 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Where's the first division fixtures? Who cares about the overpaid wánkers in the premier:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quint wrote: »
    Where's the first division fixtures? Who cares about the overpaid wánkers in the premier:D

SectionF is a posh snob so he didn't post them!:D

19 Jun 2009 Limerick 7:45 Shelbourne Jackman Park
    19 Jun 2009 Mervue United 7:45 Monaghan United Terryland Park
    19 Jun 2009 Sporting Fingal 7:45 Kildare County Morton Stadium
    19 Jun 2009 UCD 7:45 Finn Harps UCD Bowl
    19 Jun 2009 Waterford United 7:45 Athlone Town RSC
    20 Jun 2009 Longford Town 6:00 Wexford Youths Flancare Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

SectionF is a posh snob so he didn't post them!:D
    Demarcation brother.

• Advertisement

Previews here

Seems Sligo have a few out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think Dundalk are a good selection to win if you do draw no bet. They are 4-1. Especially since Cork haven't won in a few and Dundalk are on a three match unbeaten run.

Raoul wrote: »
    I think Dundalk are a good selection to win if you do draw no bet. They are 4-1. Especially since Cork haven't won in a few and Dundalk are on a three match unbeaten run.
    Nah, Dundalk won't win. They may not lose, but they won't win.

Any of the games on Setanta tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Any of the games on Setanta tonight?

Cork City vs. Dundalk at 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Can't see us getting anything tonight in Dalyer

Though I said similar this day last week :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cark losing 1-0, and just had a man sent off, oops !

Coming up to HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

2-0 down now.

Stays like this with a result for Rovers tomorrow night, we'll go third.

Cracker for Cork, one-touch football and a great finish

2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What a shocking display, for once I'm actually glad I didn't make the game and have to suffer the bus journey home.

Sully and Healy seemed to be the only two in the game, the entire time for city, and Behan when he eventually came on, was surprised he didn't start.. and that O' Connor and Kiely did!

As my brother keeps saying, Timmy is not a winger, and won't make much of an impact playing there, kept getting beaten tonight. Also how did Mansaram not get booked! Shane Duggan was just plain f*cking stupid getting sent off, not helping. The sooner the likes of Joe Gamble and Billy Dennehy are back, the better!

I was hoping City could go into the break on a high, how wrong was I. Although Hoggy's testimonial tomorrow will be a welcomed break, and something I will happily be attending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Watched UCD drop points against Harps. Very frustrating. Poor goalkeeping again for their goal, loads of good chances spurned. And with each substitution we became less balanced and cohesive. :(

2-0 to the Bohemians over Rovers. Deegan immense.

Might as well have been 10, as only one team turned up. Someone should have given Murph a programme to read.

Top of the league! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

SectionF wrote: »

Might as well have been 10, as only one team turned up. Someone should have given Murph a programme to read.

Top of the league! :D

How many teams you expect to turn up?:eek::rolleyes:

of last years back 4
    one out injured
    one in Evertons reserves (on the cheap :()
    two recently had their contracts cancelled (mutually agreed in both cases) due to long term injuries

+
    injuries, suspensions
    and international duty (Murph could have read about what its like during the game:rolleyes:)

and probably leaving cert stuff for some of the A team

Did well to get 11 on the pitch

Its a meh game...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How we beat Limerick I'll never know, 92nd min and Casso scores, amazing celebrations. As for the oul locals out for a fight at the train station waiting for us, well haha to you gents, I see the next 60 Olympic sprinters for Ireland.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Amazing night, some form of revenge for the 92nd minute last season. Unfortunately Limerick aren't good enough to have anything to take away from them other than maybe one place in midtable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a shocking display, for once I'm actually glad I didn't make the game and have to suffer the bus journey home.

Sully and Healy seemed to be the only two in the game, the entire time for city, and Behan when he eventually came on, was surprised he didn't start.. and that O' Connor and Kiely did!

As my brother keeps saying, Timmy is not a winger, and won't make much of an impact playing there, kept getting beaten tonight. Also how did Mansaram not get booked! Shane Duggan was just plain f*cking stupid getting sent off, not helping. The sooner the likes of Joe Gamble and Billy Dennehy are back, the better!

I was hoping City could go into the break on a high, how wrong was I. Although Hoggy's testimonial tomorrow will be a welcomed break, and something I will happily be attending!

I left at HT. Cannot get over the anger I felt toward that guy who plays in goal for us. 4 gols in 2 games his fault. Sooner Doolin and himself fúck off the best for the club.

Doolin, being the man he is refused an apology from Colin Healy for an outburst he had at the manager during the Sligo game. Doolin proceeded to give Healy a total dressing down in front of all the squad. The squad are not happy about this and mutiny beckons I am told. The sooner it happens the best for everyone.

Doolin out.

elshambo wrote: »
    How many teams you expect to turn up?:eek::rolleyes:
    Two, if only out of respect for the fans.

Two, if only out of respect for the fans.
    :rolleyes:

A winger at right back
    A rightback and Utility man at CB
    A kid at Left Back
    2 kids in midfield &
    a winger and a debut kid up front

AWAY to the league champions

and you think they showed a lack of respect?:D

Success going to the auld head much?:D
    U ever actually played football:eek::rolleyes:

Barstoolers might have a point about LOI fans!:D

Of course we could fiddle the books to sign a load of lads and get ourselves a few million in debt to cover 2 released and about 6 out :eek::D

btw
    :rolleyes:

I was talking about respect for Sligo fans.

Whatever about your rolling eyes fetish... it's sad that Rovers have gone so low that they can't put out a viable team, especially when it used to be the case that you could expect some decent football from them.

We're not talking average PD v champions here. As someone said on the Bohs MB, it was like playing Mayfield again.

• Advertisement

I was talking about respect for Sligo fans.

Whatever about your rolling eyes fetish... it's sad that Rovers have gone so low that they can't put out a viable team, especially when it used to be the case that you could expect some decent football from them.

We're not talking average PD v champions here. As someone said on the Bohs MB, it was like playing Mayfield again.

I know u were talking about respect for sligo rovers fans btw

Sligo fans are happy enough considering

about 8 missing out of a first team squad of 15

Do the maths!!!

money a bit tight in the real world in case u had'nt noticed!

"rolling eyes fetish" is trying to show you im not angry/annoyed by your post, i find it funny that ye seem to think we should have a strong team with half the squad missing

yer squad strength is not based on reality
    id like ye to sort it out soon or ye will go the way of Cork and Drogs
    (i lived in D7 for 5 years, went to plenty of games, hung around with bohs heads)

We played the way a team in our position financially and injury/suspension wise should play

as for the bohs message board, mayfield would put 8 past them:rolleyes:

as for the bohs message board, mayfield would put 8 past them:rolleyes:
    Too true.

Btw we have 5 young lads on trial at the mo for the transfer window
    3 short term loanies from a big club & 2 scousers(where else:D)

So you might get the full strengh pride in the shirt opposition you want come the cup semi final

Which im sure you are glad to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

YEAH ! ! ! ! BABY ! ! ! ! What a result !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

God city were awful last night. That first half performance was the worst ive seen from them in the five years iv followed them. The second half performance was much better but only because the first half was so bad. Behan and Faz did well when they came on. We should have had two up front from the start cause Silagalis was brutal and kept losing the ball every time he got it. I remember a few lads sitting near me cheering sarcastically when he actually managed to win a header and not give it away to dundalk.

Im not even going to bother to go on about how bad Connor was.

From watching last night it was only too obvious how badly we need a striker.

So you might get the full strengh pride in the shirt opposition you want come the cup semi final

Which im sure you are glad to hear
    Not too much now. :eek:

• Advertisement

Rovers match not on TV?

Rovers 1-0 Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Watched UCD drop points against Harps. Very frustrating. Poor goalkeeping again for their goal, loads of good chances spurned. And with each substitution we became less balanced and cohesive. :(
    We badly need a keeper in the window. Think it was Fergie who said before that a really good keeper can get you at least 10 points a season. So bloody true.

The subsitutions were ridiculous. Complete panic moves. It's only 1-1 at HT FFS. Ward actually did well in the middle but Purcell barely got on the ball after that. Seemed like we gave about 3 players free roles too which is pure retardation- no other way about it.

Kilduff is such a woeful finisher. Too bad he can't finish like Dave Mc- he'd have about 15 goals by now this season.

BTW is that you John?

getcover wrote: »
    Nah, Dundalk won't win. They may not lose, but they won't win.
    Well now, I made that wild prediction without knowing that Doolin would put out a team of 4 defenders, 1 midfielder, 5 ballboys and a stupid c**t in goal.

First goal offside?
    Second goal; free out, not a peno!!!
    Bohs transfer embargo!? (squad strength:o)

Doolin is a legend (too much football:D)

Advertisement