Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kempo Ireland

• 18-06-2009 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Guys

i use to be a member of Kempo Ireland, Trained in Artane, Beaumont and Raheny areas of Dublin. I know the Artane and Beaumont clubs are long gone but i hear the raheny one is still in existence. Does anyone train there or has done over the last couple of years?

I'm looking for opinions on the club, when i was training with them two guys ran the place and one was very interested in the money, the other no so much. they have both gone their separate ways. I thinking of going back to it in the next couple of weeks, my physical and mental health (things like attitude, anger etc I am talking to my GP about both these problems) hasn't been good for a while and when i trained in these clubs as a teenager it helped me in both areas so I'm thinking i may do again.

anyone any thoughts or views on the club in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I hope THIS helps.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

doesn't mention any of the two guy that were my instructors so it may not be the same association but that said it may be more convenient to me location wise.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

dade wrote: »
    doesn't mention any of the two guy that were my instructors so it may not be the same association but that said it may be more convenient to me location wise.
    cheers

Hi,

I know both instructors your talking about, one of them has another kempo club somewhere, the other instructor with the beard, nice guy great character has moved away from kempo and is going traditional karate.

Do you remember Robbie, Redzer, Nico, The Barretts, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liza D

Hello
    The raheny club is still there to this day , although i left years ago i still keep in contact with a few past members . I remember redser , Nico robbie , jason , spidie and veronica barrett so well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

hi guys . i was a member with this club . i recieved my blackbelt there . as for the 2 instructors the 1 with the beard was my uncle timmy larkan . and still operates the club at the raheny studio and also studies Ryko Kempo which is a traditional club . there are many clubs around raheny .and coolock area . if you would like me to put you in touch i can by PM .

the other instructor is Paddy kennedy he went the modern route . he recieved his 10th dan only a few weeks ago and is based in tallaght althoug has a off shoot club in coolock and malahide . again if you are interested in making contact i can arrange by PM .

hope this helps
    steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 joeyhehir

I trained there in early - mid 80's. Brilliant club and great man-hunts with Timmy on Sunday Mornings in St. Ann's Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Man hunts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 joeyhehir

2-3-4 lads/lasses get a head start and then everyone else runs them down and gives them a good going over. It was great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

yeah it was the muts nuts .

still goin during the summer :D

Advertisement