Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic 8 Plugins?

• 18-06-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi folks, just got myself Logic 8 and am dead excited...as far as plugins go:

Which would you recommend?

What are the essentials, especially for electro type sounds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

besides logic's own plug-ins (which are pretty awesome) the list is exactly the same for most other DAWs - waves are great, stillwell are great, soundtoys are superb, audio damage are excllent value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

try logics inbuilt synths.there pretty great.es1 is nice and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I would have thought Native Instruments' Massive would be excellent for electro. The scream and acid filters on it would be very appropriate. Also the tube distortion is nice. I've seen mixed opinions on Massive but I've found it a great synth and it's in my default template permanently.

I'd also recommend D16 Devastor. It's a multiband distortion unit and I suspect it would be perfect for electro.

I delved into Logic for a month or so but moved back to Ableton.

Of Logics own plugins, the ones I miss the most are Delay Designer and Space Designer (both of which i still use), and Sculture.

I never really used the synths so can't comment on them but I've heard good reports.

The great thing about Logic is the quality and variety of stock instruments and effects is good enough to make whole tracks without resorting to 3rd party plugins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Go to the EFM 1 & hit the Randomise button. Theres a % control on it too, which is handy.

You can get some pretty spectacular crazy sounds / fx with that.

Make sure to save any you like, just in case you go too far!

Advertisement