Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Army 3 "Shambles"

Options
  • 18-06-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Downloaded AA3 yesterday which is free on steam or can be downloaded for the AA website. I pre-loaded it waiting for the release time @ 8gmt, download was 4.11gb. The release time was supposed to de at 7, of course the AA site went down. At release time there was a nice suprise of another 2gb+ to download :mad:. I enjoyed waited another 2 and a half hrs or so to download the rest of the game. Some people got the "steam servers are currently busy message". Lucky i restarted steam at the right time.

Finally i got the game which still didnt unlock :mad:. I had to start it from my steam folder thx to steam being retarded.
    Anyway i signed up for an AA3 account on there site, which didnt work. I had to make an account in game and was up and running. I started doing the training which crashed on the second mission. This happened a few times, so i decided to try online, that was even worse. Was impossible to get into a server, i did play 1 or 2 round but the server crashed/or i got disconnected. Now i can get into a odd 1 but get stuck in spec mode.

All in all main probs are:
    AA servers overloaded
    Game not saving completed training missions
    Lag online/offline
    Cant play online
    Unable to login

Currently AA doing maintrnace on there servers so no1 can play at all.

Worst release of a game "EVER".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

You should ask for a refund... oh wait

In all fairness have a bit of patience, day one of any big multiplayer game can be like this what with everybody trying to sign up and start playing at the same time. Give it a day or two and things will get far more stable. In this case I'd be especially patient because there could be a huge uptake with players since the game is free.

I'll be playing myself, was a big AA plyer for a year or so, but I'll wait until the weekend I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

jackoire wrote: »
    Worst release of a game "EVER".
    You obviously didnt play Darkfall :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jesus H Jebidiah Allah Christ Buddha, its Free. Stop complaining.

A free major release being overloaded on release day? Well **** Tom, I never would've thought!

Ranting and Raving tbh

Be a good soldier take your No-Go Pill and wait a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

"Shambles"... lol.

Go make a sandwich and calm down or something.

Which is of course nothing to say of the actual game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Like everybody else above, so what.

Its the release day of a free popular game. Its going to get mailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

377766049_bb72660591.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The game is free, stop complaining... Start appretiating the work people put into these games...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

So let me get this straight; because something is free, it can't be faulted? Can you complain about free food samples giving you the squits? Of course not! They were free! :rolleyes:

He isnt even complaining he got the squits though. He's complaining he hasnt gotten one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

This isn't suppose to be released until tomorrow at 7. How did you get it going?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

In fairness, yes it's free but as game releases go, there aren't many to equal the amount of fail this one contains. Just be glad you didn't pay for it.

On the upside what I have managed to see in between crashes looks kind of interesting. I'm looking forward to trying it out when they sort it all out.

I'm curious to learn how much propaganda there is in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some of the devs have paid the price for it seems. One studio closed and the devs laid off.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59202

Didn't help that Arma2/VBS2 beat them to become the army training sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Spear wrote: »
    Some of the devs have paid the price for it seems. One studio closed and the devs laid off.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59202

Didn't help that Arma2/VBS2 beat them to become the army training sim.

Twas never about simulation more like a recruitment tool imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Can anyone join a team in a server? Whenever I join a server, there's a load of people spectating and nobody on either team.

Advertisement