Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleep

Options
  • 18-06-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I'm editing some footage at the moment I need a beep 'bleep' to put where people curse. I can't find a proper one though. Does anyone know where I could get one. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Most audio editing packages will have an option for you to generate a tone. That's what I'd normally use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

If you look up Audacity (free sound recorder / wave editor), that has a tone generator too.
    I'm not sure what frequency they normally use, but you could probably come close enough with a bit of guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well Tone that is used in TV is 1Khz, and that's what most programmes use to beep curses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

google "free audio sound effects"
    There are lots of sites that let you download sound effects

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

A 1Khz generated tone in Audacity, is perfect. Thanks everyone for your help:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement