Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch on another Car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Muckie wrote: »
    Sounds like she was hoping to get "a free lunch" off you.

Best to go down the legal route now. Dont make any more effort to reach

her, let the insurance companys deal with it, some people live for "nice

accidents" so they can make a few bob off other people.
    lol in a recession it seems people will do anything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Voltwad wrote: »
    A friend got adivce of a panel beater who he worked with, said that there is no way in hell that an insurance company would pay that much for what happened. so shes taking advantage of the fact that i dont want to go through insurance.

She wants to get it fixed where she bought the car which is naturally going to cost more, this place would do it for 300

When she rang me with the quote this morning I asked for her mobile number so I could get my Dad to ring her but twice she refused. I'm at the stage now where I'm not happy with her attitude and I'm considering going through insurance and the cops.
    She's refusing to give you contact details? Bit suss alright.

Wether you are going through insurance or not the incident needs to be reported to the Guards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Onkle wrote: »
    She's refusing to give you contact details? Bit suss alright.

Wether you are going through insurance or not the incident needs to be reported to the Guards

Yeah I will be doing so. Bear in mind that the red marks are from my van which is worse off. But once wiped down her car would look a hell of a lot better

Voltwad, did she take all your insurance details and any idea if she has reported it to the guards? Because if she was in such a hurry to get it fixed she wouldn't even go through you

Voltwad, did she take all your insurance details and any idea if she has reported it to the guards? Because if she was in such a hurry to get it fixed she wouldn't even go through you
    She took them yes, again due to my inexperience and stupidity being shocked at the time I got nothing but a photo of her car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

1. Defo 100% the fault of the OP, as stated by many, I dont think that is in dispute. Narrow country still make up the majority of the road network in this country so learning to drive on them is critical. A number of valuable lessons learned here by the OP. The car was stationary, doent matter whether she gestured you to pass here or not. That was your decision in the end, you didnt have to, you could have got out, discussed it with her and the car be hehind and on/two of you reversed back to where the road may have been wider/where there was a gateway to pull in.
    2. On the question of price. I've been on both ends of the fence on this one. The other driver has every right to get her car back the way it was before the bump. If that means a bumper replacement and a full respray of the back panel then that is how it should be. No matter what people are telling you here about the prices, they are only reviewing this on a picture, and not a great picture. Best thing you can do as has been discussed is ask her for a few quotes, if she is unwilling to do this get the insurance companies to sort it out.
    3. What can happen, and I was given and took up this option before, is that your insurance company can sort it out, and pay here whatever the agreed cost is. The insurance company then give you till your next insurance expiry to pay them back (at no additional cost). This insures your no claims doesnt get hit and also gives you that much more time to come up with the money.

You've learned a lot from this. Hopefully wont happen again and if it does you are more aware of your rights and what you need to ask for at the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

From what i can see, none of those panels/bumpers are dented or cracked, so it should be a simple sand and respray. The figure of €800 for this is way off the mark.

However, if the picture doesnt tell all, and a new wing/bumper is required, then €800 sounds ok.

From what i can see, none of those panels/bumpers are dented or cracked, so it should be a simple sand and respray. The figure of €800 for this is way off the mark.

However, if the picture doesnt tell all, and a new wing/bumper is required, then €800 sounds ok.
    A general rule of thumb is €300 per panel for a respray. So the car needs bumper and 1/4 panel sprayed. And then car rental for 4/5 days. €800 sounds about right to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

OP, do you know what year the other driver's car is?

I wouldn't think it's reasonable to do a "replace everything, money no object" repair on a car that's four years old.

Also, I'd have to agree with some of the other lads and say that I don't think panels or bumpers need replacement based on that picture - it's a paint repair as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know if a Smart Repair would fix that kind of damage, or does it need a proper bodyshop job?

• Advertisement

I think it was an '08, this woman hasn't rang me back yet but presuming she does I will find out everything I need to. She rang me from the garage this morning, when we rang the garage back a few minutes later she was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

-Chris- wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a Smart Repair would fix that kind of damage, or does it need a proper bodyshop job?

I was reserved about posting in this thread, I don't want to be seen to be shilling, but as I'm still training for a start mid-next month, I can't actually shill just yet. Thanks to Chris for allowing me to post on this topic.

Without seeing a more concise photo of the damage from the side, it's impossible to fully judge the repair needed. Certainly a SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair would do wonders for the car and most likely restore the finish to a 98% factory finish, but for the owner of the vehicle it will always be a repair.

If it was the OP's car, I would definitely recommend a SMART repair, but as it's someone else's car - as other posters have stated, she's entitled to have the car in the same pre-incident condition it was in.

Where is Ned78 Paintdoctor when you need him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Where is Ned78 Paintdoctor when you need him?

Look behind you :)

Look behind you :)
    :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

A general rule of thumb is €300 per panel for a respray. So the car needs bumper and 1/4 panel sprayed. And then car rental for 4/5 days. €800 sounds about right to me

IMO, that figure there is a little high. I have cars going through bodyshops every week, and I'm actually putting alot of paint and repair jobs through one today.
    I know the figures i get quoted are trade prices, but even taking that into account, i think if i was to get this job in question priced up, it wouldnt be as expensive as the price quoted to the OP.

Im saying that, i dont know exactly what damage has been caused, but i do think it could be fixed very well for a lot less than €800, judging from that photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ask her to get a written quote.

Then tell her to drop the car off to be fixed and that you'll pay for it.

If the quote is huge, get a quote yourself.

She's only trying to bully you because she knows your a learner and wouldnt stand your ground probably!

Failing that just ignore her :D Inform your insurance company and let her try get money from them, which will be much harder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,620 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When she rang me with the quote this morning I asked for her mobile number so I could get my Dad to ring her but twice she refused. I'm at the stage now where I'm not happy with her attitude and I'm considering going through insurance and the cops.

She wouldn't leave contact details, what does she want money in small unmarked bills in a brown paper bag? Very Suss.

No offense dude but you sound unable to deal with the situation and she is taking advantage of that.

Getting your father to answer the phone next time she rings is a good idea.

Cops will fob you off, unless you have some form of complaint or a crime was committed. They will give you the line of it a civil issue now, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

IMO, that figure there is a little high. I have cars going through bodyshops every week, and I'm actually putting alot of paint and repair jobs through one today.
    I know the figures i get quoted are trade prices, but even taking that into account, i think if i was to get this job in question priced up, it wouldnt be as expensive as the price quoted to the OP.

Im saying that, i dont know exactly what damage has been caused, but i do think it could be fixed very well for a lot less than €800, judging from that photo.

Any reputable and decent sprayer will charge 300 to do a full respray of a back bumper. The cost of paint and the labour involved it would make little sense to charge any less.

As I said, the quarter panel, un around the windows and over the drivers door to where it meets the drivers wing, etc. would need to be resprayed. Considering the fact that they would already have the paint, it wouldn't cost as much as if you were to get it done separate. So I imagine the at least another 300 including sanding down and spraying, (as the panel couldn'tshouldn't be blown in). Then you have the 2-3 days rental of a car for the inconvience of not having your car.

IMO, and I said it before, 700-800 is a very reasonable figure IMO, especially for a one year old car, it should be done to perfection.

Edit: On the note of contact details, the next time she rings, if it's off a private number, tell her as a rule of thumb, you never answer private numbers. That'll get her to at least ring you of some identifiable number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

As an aside your qualified driver should have told you not to proceed, you should have been advised to pull in and let the more experienced driver manouver through. I know that advice is too late now, you may just put it down to experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,620 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Muppet wrote: »
    As an aside your qualified driver should have told you not to proceed,

Qualfied driver would not have had the best view.
    you should have been advised to pull in and let the more experienced driver manouver through.

The right course of action in this situation, is to always get out of the car. Always.

Even the Gesture of opening the door would have probably pushed her back.

• Advertisement

As an aside your qualified driver should have told you not to proceed, you should have been advised to pull in and let the more experienced driver manouver through. I know that advice is too late now, you may just put it down to experience.
    There was a car behind me so stopping completely was not an option

Stopping completely is always an option Voltwad.

Don't let drivers behind you bully you into doing things you're not happy about or at a pace you're uncomfortable with.

The reality is she should have reversed up and let you by if it was not possible for you to do so, bad judgement on her end as well as your's but you got the wrong end of the stick unfortunately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

As a person who has driven large vehicles for the last 10 years. Stopping is always an option. Getting out to asses the given space is always betters. As perception inside the vehicle is always going to be difficult whether you are experienced or not. If in doubt get out.

As for the car behind you if it was a tight squeeze surely you would have been at rolling speed anyway so stopping dead and causing an accident would have been very slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

With respect it was a better option than the one you chose. You drive your car and let the person behind you driver theirs. In the position you were in you should have sat tight if you were not sure that you could continue on safely, thats what the experienced driver you were meeting chose to do, now you know why.

You experienced driver should have been able to judge whether you had enough space to get through even from the passenger seat, thats the thinking behind having to have one with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

for the op just a quick question about the details you got off the other driver, did you actually get her insurance details??? you said you only had time to get a photo of the damage to her vehicle so maybe she was not insured or not supposed to be driving?

you must get all her details including insurance details and full name and address and you should give your details also.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    for the op just a quick question about the details you got off the other driver, did you actually get her insurance details??? you said you only had time to get a photo of the damage to her vehicle so maybe she was not insured or not supposed to be driving?

you must get all her details including insurance details and full name and address and you should give your details also.
    I failed to get them at the time and when she phoned yesterday she first of all wouldnt give them to me, nor a contact number or address. She then wouldnt give them to my dad who hung up the phone on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Boggles wrote: »
    She wouldn't leave contact details, what does she want money in small unmarked bills in a brown paper bag? Very Suss.

No offense dude but you sound unable to deal with the situation and she is taking advantage of that.

Getting your father to answer the phone next time she rings is a good idea.

Cops will fob you off, unless you have some form of complaint or a crime was committed. They will give you the line of it a civil issue now, etc.

I dont think that the Gardai would be inclined to claim its a Civil Matter when the other person left the scene of an "accident" without ensuring that the other driver had her contact details.... she was quick to grab yours and didnt care if you got hers or not - she got back in her car and was gone .....or did I mis-read the thread ?

OP can you clarify that you did not swap contact details - she simply took yours (while you were trying to figure out whats going on and how it happened) ...and she left.

Yeah, I'd be holding off on telling my insurance company at this point, but I would make a point of going to my local Garda station and informing them for their records that I was in an accident with another driver who refused to give their details.

I'd then mention in the next conversation to the other party that the Gardai are involved and interested in talking to her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I think you need to go down to the gardai - explain to them you were involved in a minor road accident - you phoned the gardai at the time and they told you to swap details (think thats what you posted earlier).

tell them she took your details - you didnt get hers ... she may have been in a hurry but she left without swapping details - all that you got was a pic of her car and damage..... now she's phoning you claiming €800 worth of damage, also tell them that she refused to give you her mobile number when you asked for it.

Get an estimate for the damage done to your own car too (in writing) and explain to the gardai that you have similar damage done to your vehicle.

• Advertisement

I have submitted a report with the Garda station and they told me that next time she rings I'm to direct her to them. We have a place in the locality that will do it for 250, its a reputable garage only yards from the police station itself, this wasn't good enough for her, she said she wanted it done where she bought it, although the Gardai informed us this wasn't her choice

I have submitted a report with the Garda station and they told me that next time she rings I'm to direct her to them. We have a place in the locality that will do it for 250, its a reputable garage only yards from the police station itself, this wasn't good enough for her, she said she wanted it done where she bought it, although the Gardai informed us this wasn't her choice

But the garage where she bought it would hardly have a spray booth etc. would they? So by putting it through them, it's effectively adding a middle man and unneccesary costs. Bit unreasonable on her part IMO.

But the garage where she bought it would hardly have a spray booth etc. would they? So by putting it through them, it's effectively adding a middle man and unneccesary costs. Bit unreasonable on her part IMO.
    Well I wouldn't imagine so, yeah she's being unreasonable to say the least.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

But the garage where she bought it would hardly have a spray booth etc. would they? So by putting it through them, it's effectively adding a middle man and unnecessary costs. Bit unreasonable on her part IMO.

Unreasonable maybe in the OP's eyes, but she doesn't have to accept the cheapest figure just because its beneficial for the OP. I know If I had a year old car, I would want as good a quality job done as possible and going on the basis that she is the injured party, its up to both drivers to come to an agreement. If they can't, then it will be in the hands of the insurers and god knows how much they'll come up with.

Well I wouldn't imagine so, yeah she's being unreasonable to say the least.
    Look mate she's just trying to take ya for a ride cause you're unsure what to do in the situation, if i was you i wouldnt pay anything for the time being.

Im sure she hasnt contacted the guards or her/your insurance company yet if you havent heard anything from them

delly wrote: »
    Unreasonable maybe in the OP's eyes, but she doesn't have to accept the cheapest figure just because its beneficial for the OP. I know If I had a year old car, I would want as good a quality job done as possible and going on the basis that she is the injured party, its up to both drivers to come to an agreement. If they can't, then it will be in the hands of the insurers and god knows how much they'll come up with.

No, I'm not saying that. If it was me, I would want it done to the highest standard possible. What I disagree with it putting it through a garage, who would then bring it to the bodyshop and basically charge extra money for no particular reason. It's an unneccessary middle man.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No, I'm not saying that. If it was me, I would want it done to the highest standard possible. What I disagree with it putting it through a garage, who would then bring it to the bodyshop and basically charge extra money for no particular reason. It's an unneccessary middle man.
    I understand completely what you mean, but giving two examples when my mother got her Astra dinged, she brought it to the Opel dealership she bought it from, when my brother had his 5 series reversed into, he brought it to the local BM dealership.

In both cases the other drivers had the choice to pay the quote from the dealership or go down the insurance route and let them assess it. My brothers case is still ongoing, but my mother was convinced that the best place to get the job done was from the Opel dealership, she wouldn't trust anywhere else because shes the type of person who buys a new car from the same dealership every few years.

Now that may sound unreasonable to the other driver, but they choose to go down the insurance route anyway, to which my mother sent them the Opel quote and they payed out without quibble.

Look mate she's just trying to take ya for a ride cause you're unsure what to do in the situation, if i was you i wouldnt pay anything for the time being.

Im sure she hasnt contacted the guards or her/your insurance company yet if you havent heard anything from them
    There's no way any insurance company would pay out that much for the damage done, I've been told that by the Gardai and two panel beaters. The ball's still in her court, if she wants to go down the insurance route now she wont get enough to pay for it where she wants it done, if she's not going to compremise then she'll be out of pocket to some degree

In both cases the other drivers had the choice to pay the quote from the dealership or go down the insurance route and let them assess it. My brothers case is still ongoing, but my mother was convinced that the best place to get the job done was from the Opel dealership, she wouldn't trust anywhere else because shes the type of person who buys a new car from the same dealership every few years.

Now that may sound unreasonable to the other driver, but they choose to go down the insurance route anyway, to which my mother sent them the Opel quote and they payed out without quibble.

But assuming the Opel dealership didn't have spraying facilities, which most don't, she isn't trusting the Opel dealership. It's going to be another party that sprays it either way, so putting it through the dealership, as I'll say again, adds unneccesary costs.

• Advertisement

There's no way any insurance company would pay out that much for the damage done, I've been told that by the Gardai and two panel beaters. The ball's still in her court, if she wants to go down the insurance route now she wont get enough to pay for it where she wants it done, if she's not going to compremise then she'll be out of pocket to some degree
    Tbh, you've gone into this with very little knowledge and have learned a lot over the last day with so many people telling you x, y and z. Don't be too sure of anything really. Try to haggle her down as much as possible for a cash settlement, if you can't agree then leave the worrying to the insurance company.
    But assuming the Opel dealership didn't have spraying facilities, which most don't, she isn't trusting the Opel dealership. It's going to be another party that sprays it either way, so putting it through the dealership, as I'll say again, adds unneccesary costs.
    Indeed, but old dears will be old dears ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

she has yet to get back in touch and prove that she was fully insured and licensced to drive at the time of the accident, she will also have to prove that her vehicle was fully taxed and that it was hers or that she had permission to drive it at that time!

please keep us informed of any updates on this op as i feel this woman may have been driving her husbands car without insurance or possibly was driving while only having a provisional license and is now trying to get the cost of the repair from you before it is realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I was in the exact same sort of accident just over two months ago, similar situation on a narrow road, met an oncoming campervan and went in as far to the ditch as I could as I could see he had a good foot and a half on his side and then I stopped to let him clear me, and he proceeded to scratch my rear quarter up and the damage to my car was similar to the damage in the attachment. I was the younger driver also but not a learner and the other guy hit my car as I was stationary like the Op did.

Anyways I was furious as he has good clearance and called the gardai via 999 out and they came out and the other guy had no insurance. Anyway to cut a long story short I was the victim with my car damaged and I had to foot my own repair bill as my Insurance company (Quinn Direct) wouldn't pursue them as they were travellers and feared a typical counter claim for post traumatic stress or other crap.

I got my car repaired and it cost around €250 although the damage was not as widespread as the OP's. The gardai told me (off the record) this was what to do so I had to repair my own car despite it not being my fault. The amount of hassle and grief I got from Quinn Direct despite I having done nothing wrong was unbelievable. I also reported the accident to them immediately. I would rate the €800 fee as plausible as the damaged area is about thrice my damaged area and the other person is entitled to have her car restored to the same way it was before she met the OP.

If in doubt leave it out is my motto and both me and the OP's victim got hit, If I was in the OPs situation as a younger driver I would pay the woman the money and do the decent thing as you hit her.

If you throw it onto your insurance she may get a few bob but most likely they will fob her off and apply the ol' 50:50 rule and let each lie to their own loss as happened to me. However the one good thing I got was getting the other moron a court summons for driving without insurance.

Do the decent thing a pay the woman and next time you don't budge when at loggerheads on a country road the right thing you should have done at that accident was to make her reverse into a wider spot as you couldn't and always bring the Guards to the crash regardless of how small.

Right,
    OP, You ****ed up, you were in the wrong. End of.
    If you are not willing to pay for your mistake, let the insurance companies sort it out by whatever means is handiest for them. Tell your company to come to an agreement and you;ll repay them.

Trying to get out of it by checking which loophole is available to you is at best cowardice at worst plain bad on your part. You had the chance to get her details and find out on the spot. The Gardai are now involved, for what reason? FFS talk about wasting Garda tme.
    You were in the wrong. You hit a stationary vehicle. Obviously you'd think paying 250 euro for the repair is better than 800 but if the shoe was on the other foot (and someday it will) you would want the best repair possible.
    I dont see where else this thread is going to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

kippy wrote: »
    Right,
    If you are not willing to pay for your mistake, let the insurance companies sort it out by whatever means is handiest for them. Tell your company to come to an agreement and you;ll repay them.

Trying to get out of it by checking which loophole is available to you is at best cowardice at worst plain bad on your part. You had the chance to get her details and find out on the spot. The Gardai are now involved, for what reason? FFS talk about wasting Garda tme.
    You were in the wrong. You hit a stationary vehicle. Obviously you'd think paying 250 euro for the repair is better than 800 but if the shoe was on the other foot (and someday it will) you would want the best repair possible.

harsh but true!
    at the end of the day your going to have to pay up, no point in delaying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I really think paying for a new bumper is completely unnecessary
    I understand where you are coming from - if it was my car, I certainly wouldn't be looking for a new bumper. But you are over a barrell really - if you are at fault, you are in no position to negotiate.

Call your insurance company, let them know what happened, and see if they think you are at fault (I'd say you are, but it's not my opinion that matters). You are required to notify them, and it won't cost you anything unless there's a claim made.

• Advertisement

Right,

The OP is asking for advice on how much the repair would cost, and where it should be done.
    They're also asking what the position is with regards to the other driver not giving their details.
    They've admitted that it's their fault, and are just trying to make sure they're not taken advantage of.

I don't think the situation warrants this kind of post tbh.

Right,

You obviously haven't read the full thread. Not once did the OP suggest trying to get out of it. As it stands the OP feels the €800 is excessive and is looking for advice on cheaper solutions. Also the OP hasnt got any details of the other driver and it seems the other driver is not willing to pass the details on. So at this point going to the inurance company wont help as OP has no details other than a picture. If I crashed the car I would be in the same boat looking for 2nd or 3rd opions before handing over the funds. After all no one wants to be taken for a ride.

The OP is asking for advice on how much the repair would cost, and where it should be done.
    They're also asking what the position is with regards to the other driver not giving their details.
    They've admitted that it's their fault, and are just trying to make sure they're not taken advantage of.

I don't think the situation warrants this kind of post tbh.
    I've read the thread and posted on it a few pages back with some advice and what the OP's options were.
    He's been given advise on a large number of "technicalities" available to him in order to get out of paying for the damage.
    There's NOONE on this thread who can give definitive advice on how much the repair is going to cost based on a picture. Some have said it seems high, others have said it seemed low.
    I dont see from here where the thread is going. Let the insurance companies sort it out.
    I would LOVE to see a thread started by the other party in this incident and get the story from their POV. (Not saying anyone is lying, just to see the ins and outs and advice needed and given from people to her) It would be interesting.

I would LOVE to see a thread started by the other party in this incident and get the story from their POV.

+1

I've read the thread and posted on it a few pages back with some advice and what the OP's options were.
    He's been given advise on a large number of "technicalities" available to him in order to get out of paying for the damage.
    There's NOONE on this thread who can give definitive advice on how much the repair is going to cost based on a picture. Some have said it seems high, others have said it seemed low.
    I dont see from here where the thread is going. Let the insurance companies sort it out.
    I would LOVE to see a thread started by the other party in this incident and get the story from their POV. (Not saying anyone is lying, just to see the ins and outs and advice needed and given from people to her) It would be interesting.

I agree with you but until the OP gets the details of the other party the Insurance company cant get involved and this matter is getting delayed from what we are told by the OP by the other driver who is looking for 800 cash and seems to be wanting to avoid the Inurance route. But you are right a thread by the other driver would most definitely give us the other side of the coin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement