Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A hoy hoy! Traditional half sleeve advise? :)

Options
  • 18-06-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

first off... HELLO!

Im Gav.. long time lurker first time poster! :pac:

righty o! ive a few tattoo's now but ive been looking into getting a traditional old school half sleeve and i was wondering who would be the expert in the field around the shops of Dublin.. ??

Ive gone to zulu for all my past tattoo's and never had a problem...

also .. like most people these days .. im broke as a bleedin joke.. would ya know if the artist would be willing to work bit by bit.. like €100 per session...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If you're looking for really old school looking stuff, along the lines of the basic coloured Sailor Jerry stuff ( http://www.sailorjerry.com/gallery.php ) then probably Classic Ink in Temple bar is the place. There's also Karen in Holy Cow in Cork (if she's still there), Frith Street in London. Any of those I would trust.
    As for price, as I'm sure you're aware, it costs around €100 per hour so you'd only be sitting one hour at a time. Probably better off with 200 - 300 per session. Any artist will work bit by bit, but I think 100 is a bit low for a per session charge. Try get a fixed price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah i was thinking classic ink myself, just walk into their shop and have a look at some of the books on the counter, they do a lot of old school stuff.

it's not my cup of tea but from what i've seen, the guys in there are the best at that style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Classic Ink would be your best bet in Dublin. They do their own flash so most of what you see on the walls is drawn by Tommy himself. Joe in Connected does some nice trad work too. It seems to be a very overlooked style in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gav_neonstars

Nice one for the feedback...

Yeah that sailor jerry stuff is along the lines im after..i really dig the dotted stars that fill in the gaps.. maybe a lil new school fusion thrown in to change it up a bit...

Ill have to go into classic and have a chat with them.. obviously it will be something fun for them to do aswell ...

Yeah i understand the 100 bills = an hour worth of tattooage but im in no hurry... if it takes a few months so be it.. its gonna be on me arm until im put in the ground.. or shot into outer-space..(havent decided yet..:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Yeah that sailor jerry stuff is along the lines im after..i really dig the dotted stars that fill in the gaps.. maybe a lil new school fusion thrown in to change it up a bit...

Since you asked for advice, I'm just going to say please don't mix these styles it won't look good. Mixing styles like that looks sloppy when your getting a sleeve/half-sleeve. If your looking for ideas check out Steve Boltz, Bert Krak, Eli Quinters, Deno, Javi Rodruigez and Chad Koeplinger. They all do amazing traditional work and all have myspaces.

• Advertisement
Advertisement