Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with local Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maguff

lavman. thats good news at least they are trying to place people as near to home as possible, i'm only about 10 mins from Drogheda. at least there will be no travel involved.
    Are you hoping to make it to the college in Sept ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

Just waiting to hear back on my backround checks. It would be great if I did get to start in september. I'm looking forward to becoming a reserve. I've tried for the main force a number of times and was unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

lavman wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to becoming a reserve. I've tried for the main force a number of times and was unsuccessful.

Not mentioning this topic directly because of you Lavman but is something that I have noticed over the past 2 years and would be interested to get the opinions off other boards.ie members.

For many the reserves has become an alternative for people who have failed to be successful for the full time gardai and it's great that these people join the Reserves to gain more experience to help them be successful when if they apply for the full time gardai in the future.

But is it a case that the Reserve application process has become less strict who is accepted as to the full time process because in reality when you do your X amount of hours a week, it doesn't matter if your Reserve or full time, you are expected to do the same (minus the paper work :p)

Should there be a cap on the amount of times one can apply????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

No i don't think it should be capped the amount of times you can apply. If we don't fail at things we'd never do any wrong. I think by getting a second or even third chance it makes people see where they need to improve making them better for the job.

As for the reserve vs the becoming a full time member interview i found that i was more relaxed in the reserve interview and i think it was because theres more at stake with the other interview which created more nerves for me on the day. Do you understand what i mean? Anyone else sit both interviews?

lavman wrote: »
    No i don't think it should be capped the amount of times you can apply. If we don't fail at things we'd never do any wrong. I think by getting a second or even third chance it makes people see where they need to improve making them better for the job.

As for the reserve vs the becoming a full time member interview i found that i was more relaxed in the reserve interview and i think it was because theres more at stake with the other interview which created more nerves for me on the day. Do you understand what i mean? Anyone else sit both interviews?

I totally agree with you with people being allowed second chances and obviously someone could just have had a bad day. But when you hear of people on their 4th and 5th time applying for the guards, it's like 'get the hint!'

But ya, I found the Reserve interview slightly less nerve racking than the full time one. But I think both were as equally hard, well I done the reserve one around two years ago now.
    My previous message was just to get the opinion was is still as hard or have they become less strict?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭barneycotter

hey how ya doing im just wondering. iv an interview for the reserves at the end of the month could you give me any direction towards what type of questions asked any help will do cheers and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

i had my interview today,

APOLOGY, I THOUGHT,POSTING QUESTIONS ARE AGAINST THE BOARDS CONSTITUION AND AGAINST GARDA RESERVE CHARTER, SO DELETING THEM,
    Please refer to interview letter you got from PAS, that should help you in all sense!

thats it

waiting

hi all

Just got a letter at home that i have passed written test as well as Interview :-) :-) :D:D:D

going to update the intro page as well :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

I totally agree with you with people being allowed second chances and obviously someone could just have had a bad day. But when you hear of people on their 4th and 5th time applying for the guards, it's like 'get the hint!'

But ya, I found the Reserve interview slightly less nerve racking than the full time one. But I think both were as equally hard, well I done the reserve one around two years ago now.
    My previous message was just to get the opinion was is still as hard or have they become less strict?

I do think that they have changed the amount of times you can apply for the full time AGS. I know that you only have two chances at the written test stage and am sure the same applies to the interview. I also believe that you can't apply for both reserves and full time for a year if you failed at any stage in the process. New rule brought in last year, i think, so don't shoot me please if someone comes back with a more and different FACT.:confused::pac:

I do think that they have changed the amount of times you can apply for the full time AGS. I know that you only have two chances at the written test stage and am sure the same applies to the interview. I also believe that you can't apply for both reserves and full time for a year if you failed at any stage in the process. New rule brought in last year, i think, so don't shoot me please if someone comes back with a more and different FACT.:confused::pac:

There is no limit to the amount of times you can apply.
    If you fail any stage for the full time, you have to wait 6 months before applying again (6 months from the amplitude test)

• Advertisement

well done congrads best of luck im doing the interview tues

To egoshea or anyother person i say i just managed to get over half way in the written report has this happened to anyone else and managed to get thru to the next stage

To egoshea or anyother person i say i just managed to get over half way in the written report has this happened to anyone else and managed to get thru to the next stage

You would really need to have finished the written test and done it correctly to be in with a good chance in getting to the next stage as the interview and written test carry the same weight in getting to the next stage (you need to pass both of them) Hope that answers in so what. Let us know how you get on.

Ah wait and see, some people could have done it completely and badly, while you could of done it only half but good

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

Hey guys,

Just interested in knowing if anyone who had there interview on the 17th this month hear anything back yet. I have :D What is the meting with the local inspector or ser happen !

just recieved confirmation i passed the written and interview woooo

Well done:D

What date was your interview. Got that news then got a email from the HQ just confirming some stuff about education. Mine was on Thursday 17th Sept anyone else have there interview on that day !

congrats! well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nurane

happy for you !!!!:)

• Advertisement

Meetin wit seargant 2moro any advice ppl? And is a shirt and tie ok to wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

Meetin wit seargant 2moro any advice ppl? And is a shirt and tie ok to wear?

Hows it going barneycotter

when did you hand in your B.R form and did it take you long to fill out??

After you meet the sergant what's the next step and what's the waiting period .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xxxLauraxxx

hey all i have my inspector meeting on wednesday. anyone no what i will be askedhttp://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

hey all i have my inspector meeting on wednesday. anyone no what i will be askedhttp://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

kinda the same thing as the interview expect the in an informal style if you follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mitchell75

Had my meeting with the local supt in Dec 09. It was a very informal chat about my reasons for wanting to join, what groups I was a member of and a general two way questions and answers session.

guys waiting on meeting with super also ! anyone got the number for the vetting unit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Dubbhoy wrote: »
    guys waiting on meeting with super also ! anyone got the number for the vetting unit ?

This is HQ ask them to put you through 016662571 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

what is the most suitable thing to wear to the initial interview???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

collig2 wrote: »
    what is the most suitable thing to wear to the initial interview???

"smart casual" is the basic requirement

Go for the full Louis Copeland if you like but it's not necessary.

Advertisement