Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with local Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Not to be advised - particularly until your two years' probation are up!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100114/tuk-police-rapped-for-riot-shield-sledge-dba1618.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun. For gods sake that Supt needs to get a grip. Were not bloody robots.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

i think its worse who ever reported this to the press its not that big of deal its not like they killed anyone i think people forgot police are people to and are allowed to do things that the public does :pac: but the super should remember we are not robots as nice guy has said..... we have feelings to you know;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

Rang up today HR and was told that nexxt stage is meeting with super :D. Do I have to wait much longer after the meeting with the Super ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Did you have a meeting with the local Sargent yet? If so, You should set- up the Super one asap...I'd call the local station tonight...After that meeting your B.R form gets sent of by the Super...And it's awaiting game from there on... :rolleyes:
    Dubbhoy wrote: »
    Rang up today HR and was told that nexxt stage is meeting with super :D. Do I have to wait much longer after the meeting with the Super ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

Did you have a meeting with the local Sargent yet? If so, You should set- up the Super one asap...I'd call the local station tonight...After that meeting your B.R form gets sent of by the Super...And it's awaiting game from there on... :rolleyes:

Never had a meeting with a Seg for some reason. Just know I have a meeting this week with the Super ?

Never had a meeting with a Seg for some reason. Just know I have a meeting this week with the Super ?

no everyone has to meet the srg and the super many people just met the inspector and dont ever met the super so its different for everyone i wouldnt worry about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

Like myself I never had the meeting with the sgt or superintendent,I just had the inspector interview and he said he would be recommending me,just waiting on vetting now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Just got a call there from my local sargent to say that im meeting him thursday.

What is the dress code for this???
    I went with the full suit for the initail interview. But i have read that this meeting is more casual.

What did everyone wear to theres???

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Just got a call there from my local sargent to say that im meeting him thursday.

What is the dress code for this???
    I went with the full suit for the initail interview. But i have read that this meeting is more casual.

What did everyone wear to theres???

well this is an informal interview but i wouldnt and didnt go dressed informal to be honest... just go in a nice pair of jeans maybe a shirt and jumper, dress code would be smart-casual nothing to over the top if you follow me. Kind of the sunday best clothes really:cool:

• Advertisement

I get you alright.

I will have to pull the sunday best from the back of the wardrop.
    Though it might of been too much going in the full louie copland again.

Is it something similar for the inspectors interview aswel whenever that comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I get you alright.

Is it something similar for the inspectors interview aswel whenever that comes around.

shirt, jeans, shoes/desert boots or whatever should do.

my sgts interview came out of nowhere. i was just dropping in forms and he decided to have it there and then! it was a friday evening after work and i was in work clothes and in a fairly dishevelled state and it didnt go against me.

smart casual is the way forward

Ya that was a bit of a shocker i bet. But its good to get it out of the way.

Mine came qucik enough only handed the form in two weeks ago.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

I get you alright.

how apt.
    :D

Im glad someone noticed. You know i did that on purpose.

Everyone knows its spelt copeland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Ya that was a bit of a shocker i bet. But its good to get it out of the way.

Mine came qucik enough only handed the form in two weeks ago.

Thanks for the advice.

they shouldnt really call it an interview, its more a chat!

the inspectors 'chat' impressed upon me the need for all reserves to 'get stuck in' and that we wernt there to be babysat

the interview/chat stage is a classic case of 'just be yourself'. they just want to see if your on the level and not a bad egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Howdy,

Looks like I've misplaced my leaving cert results from the last time I applied. I've been on the examinations.ie website and they can send you out a certified statement of my results. Does anyone know if they will except this or does it have to be the original? My interview is in 2 weeks time (still haven't been told which day) so hopefully they can sent me out the cert before then.

Howdy,

Looks like I've misplaced my leaving cert results from the last time I applied. I've been on the examinations.ie website and they can send you out a certified statement of my results. Does anyone know if they will except this or does it have to be the original? My interview is in 2 weeks time (still haven't been told which day) so hopefully they can sent me out the cert before then.

ya that will do fine all together like its the same as your results because its certified by exam board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Cheers for that.

Can see why they wouldnt take it since its certified and all. Just writing an e-mail to examinations.ie now to see if theres any chance of getting it out to me before next week. Would hate to have to wait for the next interview stage because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnnyjd

Had My Meeting With The super today. All Went Fine Thank God! :)

Nothing Really To Worry About For Any Of Ye Going For It,
    It Really is Just A Chat.

Good Luck To Any Of Ye Going For It.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ashling123

I have an interview for the reserves next wednesday in the public apointment place in town....does any1 know what kinda questions could be asked?

ashling123 wrote: »
    I have an interview for the reserves next wednesday in the public apointment place in town....does any1 know what kinda questions could be asked?

every interview is different cant really predict it, just be yourself and the board will be able to pick up on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Theallad

I just handed in my back ground form this week, when am i likely to get called for my informal interview ? and also i take it the medical is after BR form is completely passed ? that correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I got called last week for my medical I'm going for it in July, hopefully starting training in Sept,
    If some of the boardies get through for training in Sept, what about a meetup beforehand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Theallad wrote: »
    I just handed in my back ground form this week, when am i likely to get called for my informal interview ? and also i take it the medical is after BR form is completely passed ? that correct ?

Informal interview usually after BR form is completed by AGS. Medical is usually after all stages is passed. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Theallad

Informal interview usually after BR form is completed by AGS. Medical is usually after all stages is passed. Hope that helps.

Thanks munster

hey people,

I passed my interview for the reserves an filled in the background check form. i was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview with the local sergeant is about? i haven't been contacted for an interview yet but when i am what should i wear? what questions will i be asked? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

ashling123 wrote: »
    hey people,

I passed my interview for the reserves an filled in the background check form. i was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview with the local sergeant is about? i haven't been contacted for an interview yet but when i am what should i wear? what questions will i be asked? etc.

It will be very straightforward and should be relatively short. They just want to know what the reasons are for joining, if you're interested in joining the full time force, what you for a living now etc, all quite informal. The Sgt with me said the main thing he wanted to do was just to put a face on the name, my chat lasted approximately 6 minutes in and out. What to wear, no need to worry at all, something very casual, its not really a formal interview so no need to go overboard.

Spartan09 wrote: »
    It will be very straightforward and should be relatively short. They just want to know what the reasons are for joining, if you're interested in joining the full time force, what you for a living now etc, all quite informal. The Sgt with me said the main thing he wanted to do was just to put a face on the name, my chat lasted approximately 6 minutes in and out. What to wear, no need to worry at all, something very casual, its not really a formal interview so no need to go overboard.

Ah thats grand. Thanks for letting me know :)

• Advertisement

I had my second interview the other day with a Garda and a superintendent. They were asking about me financially. I was just wondering if any1 here knows what that has to do with the reserves. They asked how i pay for college and clothes and stuff. And at the end the superintendent said he thinks 18 years of age is too young to join the Garda reserves, could they use that against me and was the interview just basically a chat or was it an interview where i will either pass it or fail it? :(

Advertisement