Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Camps for kids

Options
  • 18-06-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My aunt has recently moved to Greystones. She has kids who are aged 5 and 7 and is looking to get them into some summer camps over the next few months, mainly to hopefully make friends!

Anyone know of what's on around Bray / Greystones / Kilcoole?

Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Moved to the Greystones forum.

Theres a number of summer camps on - Fitkids are running some in St Killians hall (http://www.fitkids.ie/camps/book.aspx)

Theres some running in the Charlesland Rec centre, Samba Soccer usually takes place at the rugby club, Shoreline leisure centre are running some also, I think theres an arts and crafts camp on somewhere in Delgany. CSSM (which is free) will probably be on in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

loyatemu wrote: »
    Moved to the Greystones forum.

Theres a number of summer camps on - Fitkids are running some in St Killians hall (http://www.fitkids.ie/camps/book.aspx)

Theres some running in the Charlesland Rec centre, Samba Soccer usually takes place at the rugby club, Shoreline leisure centre are running some also, I think theres an arts and crafts camp on somewhere in Delgany. CSSM (which is free) will probably be on in July.

Tell her to bring a sack of money with her.
    They are all around 90 euro per child per week!!!

they tend to be about 4 hours per day = 20 hours per week.
    how does that compare with the cost of after school care?

as mentioned, CSSM is free, if you don't mind the Christian overtones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

€90 is very reasonable! Most places need to cover the cost of renting hall space to hold their camp in.

Where abouts is St Kilians Hall? That one Fit Kids sounds great her little ones are into gymnastics actually, cheers for that!

Where abouts is St Kilians Hall?

Behind the Holy Rosary church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

My wife take our 3yr Daughter and one year old boy to a mother and child class on a Friday with FitKids and they both love it. Daughter talks about it no stop, and its the one morning she’ll get out of bed and dressed without a fuss.

Summer camp all the way for her with FitKids.

And the cost really is low compared to others. Don’t forget hire, insurance, staff wages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

greystones summer project is running again this year.
    i did it when i was younger and have to say it was brilliant.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I have to say I find them expensive too....

anyone know of one that starts at a time that is feasible if you are working? I can't do the 10am starts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah in fairness, insurance prices, cost of rent of venue and then having to pay the staff etc so I do think that the prices around are reasonable for the camps, especially since some people will tend to use it as a child minding service. I’m actually surprised at the amount of camps around!Cheers everyone

I haven’t noticed much coming in the letter box this year in bray for camps, maybe it’s not a lack of camps just that they can’t afford to be sending out leaflets etc!

I haven’t heard of anything at the moment that has a later start time Cheeky Chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I saw this poster in the Greystones community centre today, they're doing a gymnastic camp in July. €80/100 seems pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

kateos2 wrote: »

link

I think 5 and 7 is too young for the GSP. It'd be good for them in a few years, as long as they don't mind walking to and from St. David's 3 times a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conolo

Hey all, theres a new summer camp starting in greysotnes this July for kids from 6 to 12 years old www.procampireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Anyone know of any mid-term camps coming up this Easter break? The Shoreline one is booked out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Kids Easter Golf Camp @ Greystones Driving Range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rebel Runner

Try the camps at Shoreline Sports Park which have been running for a good few years now. Loads of activities for 6-13 yr olds, with unusual things like Archery, Rock Wall, Golf Frisbee, all sorts of Track & Field events and their infamous Spaceball! Great value for money at €65 and runs from 10am -3pm.
    They do a camp for 3-5 yr olds as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dublin guitar camp

i think there is a rock school camp in south dublin and there's a dit music camp in the city centre, its a bit far from greystones tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

i think there is a rock school camp in south dublin and there's a dit music camp in the city centre, its a bit far from greystones tho

Do you have some information on the D.I.T. camp? I have heard nothing about it and it's not on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nfb

Try www.horizonssummercamp.com They're based in Mullingar. They have great activities and tours. I don't know if they have other summer camps around Ireland. Might be worth your while to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

link

Greystones Summer Project will run again this year, as it has for over 30 years now, IF enough volunteers come forward to join the crew that organises it. The objective is to provide a week long summer camp at as low a cost as possible with the involvement of the local community.

Unfortunately, OP, the lowest age accepted is 8 yrs old by end August, so it might suit the older child but not the younger. Registration is usually the second last Sat in May but check out our website.

Incidentally, GSP is now held at the Gaelscoil not St Davids as before

Anyone interested in getting involved can come along on Wed 29th Feb at 8pm to Kilian Famiy Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Tnnis Club do a great Summer Camp, Kids have to 5 or over, Can't remember what it cost but it seemed reasonable at teh time, you don't have to be a member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

There will be a Gaa Cul camp in Eire Og and in Kilcoole. Each camp lasts a week. Details will be confirmed shortly. I think the cost last year was 55Euro which is not bad when you consider the kids get a kit bag, and the jersey included.

Advertisement