Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is someone with a disability card allowed discounted road tax?

• 18-06-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

My old man got a blue disability card this year which allows him priority parking, dose that allows him for cheaper road tax? I am aware that there are certain exemptione for those with disabilities, etc for modifications, import duties etc, dose it cover road tax?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

AFAIK road tax is free....and he can get petrol discounts too.....i stand to be corrected though.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I recommend this site all the time.

Seriously, that website and Citizens Information Service are probably one of the best services the government has

You might find something OP
    Parking cards for disabled people

European Parking Cards are available to people with certain disabilities and people who are registered blind, whether they are drivers or passengers. The parking card can be used by a disabled person in any vehicle in which he or she is travelling. The parking card scheme for disabled drivers and passengers applies to public car parking areas only.

Tax exemptions and refunds for disabled drivers and disabled passengers

Severely and permanently disabled people who use specially adapted vehicles as drivers and passengers are eligible for a range of tax exemptions and refunds. These Schemes are run by the Revenue Commissioners and the rules are set down in legislation. Qualifying for the HSE Motorised Transport Grants does not guarantee that you will qualify for the tax exemptions, nor does failure to qualify mean that you are not eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Chick who does my gf's nails recently brought in a 320 coupe and was telling herself what great value it was. Herself asked did the VRT + travel costs + time, etc not almost level it out, was only a €10k car after all and the exchange rate isn't what it was. 'Oh no, I don't have to pay any VRT', the girl answers (gf at this stage thinks 'dumb blonde:rolleyes:'), but the girl goes and lifts the leg of her jeans and taps her titanium prosthetic and says again 'no VRT'!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

mikemac wrote: »
    European Parking Cards are available to people with certain disabilities and people who are registered blind, whether they are drivers or passengers.

Drivers who are registered blind ??? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure I see them everyday driving around Galway, or maybe it's just w*nkers in sunglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

slimjimmc wrote: »
    They get free TV licences as well.
    Free Television Licence

Once you qualify for the Household Benefits Package, you become eligible for a Free Television Licence from the next renewal date of your television licence.

Eligability Rules

You may qualify for the Household Benefits Package if:

You are between 66 and 70 and are receiving

Blind Pension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

:D:D:D:D.......see my thread.."only in Ireland".....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think it means "legally blind"... but still able to see, using glasses.

Advertisement