Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from expansys UK to Ireland

• 18-06-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is this possible? They have some good Friday Deals there sometimes, can these be availed of by Irish customers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Vat will be charged at 21.5% rather than the 15% uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Davy wrote: »
    Vat will be charged at 21.5% rather than the 15% uk

I noticed this. Does this mean that the VAT charged is passed on to the Irish Revenue, as opposed to the UK's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Generally they'll be cheaper with the exchange rate anyways but just compare prices on both sites before buying.

Random wrote: »
    Generally they'll be cheaper with the exchange rate anyways but just compare prices on both sites before buying.

Thanks. It's not so much the price or exchange rate that I'm bothered with. I just really need to know whether, when charging 21.5% VAT to Irish customers on their UK site, do the pass the VAT on to the Irish Revenue, or on to the UK's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

benifa wrote: »
    Thanks. It's not so much the price or exchange rate that I'm bothered with. I just really need to know whether, when charging 21.5% VAT to Irish customers on their UK site, do the pass the VAT on to the Irish Revenue, or on to the UK's?

Its passed on to the irish revenue. Once they have a turnover of €50k or more they need to be registered

Davy wrote: »
    Its passed on to the irish revenue.

Right so, would you mind taking a peek at this thread for me please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055654996

Advertisement