Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No E-Mails From Carzone?

• 18-06-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi...a friend of mine has a car up on carzone a week now and has had no e-mails come through about it...its a nissan micra 2001 and she is selling it for 1,000 a bargain....so i checked to see if her e-mail was working and i sent an inquiry through the Carzone site and she never got it...has anyone else had this problem? she has contacted Carzone and they have told her there is no problem with the mail going through their site

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Its not really a bargain thats prob why!Cars similiar too that cant be got for nothing these days prob round €600-800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's not really a bargain but .. Anyway most email providers will send carzone emails to your spam mail as carzone basically tries to send it from the email address they put in so your email provides recognizes it as being a spoof and dumps it.
    Tell her to check her spam mail.. But if a person is serious about buying a car then they'll ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Surely she has got countless spam mails by now, did she enter the correct e-mail address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A 01 Micra for a grand? Sounds like a bargain in my book. A clean 98/99 would still make that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Does she have the correct email address in her profile?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dohc wrote: »
    Its not really a bargain thats prob why!Cars similiar too that cant be got for nothing these days prob round €600-800
    Read the OP again! The test mail didn't go through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

she has entered the correct e-mail address and yes she has looked in her spam box but still nothing what has the price got to do with it? i have sent her a message through the site and still nothing...i was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did she reboot her system? This solves 99.9% of all IT issues. :p

Seriously though, get her to set up a different e-mail account on hotmail or Gmail, etc. Change her carzone account to point to the new e-mail address. Try putting another test mail through to the new address, if that doesn't work either get onto Carzone again and get them to test on the new address also.

This feels like the IT Geek forum. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BigZack

I heard today that Carzone's emails have been down since Monday. Even their dealers have been complaining that nothing's going through but they weren't surprised as it seems that their traffic is going through the floor at the moment. I have a car up there as well and tried sending four email from different email accounts but so far nothing through.

BTW, anyone know where the 20,000+ phantom cars are? On their home page it says 74,520 used vehicles available but when you click on 'Used Cars' there are only 52,236! Even if you add in the classics it's still way out. False advertising???

Advertisement