Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gus Healy pool douglas - clean?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi there,

Gus Healy pool in Douglas seems to have had a bad reputation for years in terms of being not very clean etc. Is this actually true? Has anyone been there recently? Surely they have to adhere to normal standards etc??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i used have swimming lessons there as a kid, which was subsequently stopped(by my mom) when a dead mouse was found in the pool. since then iv heard stories about moss and stuff being at the bottom of the pool but haven't witnessed this myself. if you were looking for a swim and not planning on joining a pool I'd make the trek out to Bishopstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

They've done it up recently enough and it's kept extremley clean. One of the cleanest in Ireland I'd say. But that's down to the fact that only swimming clubs and that are using it so there's not exactly a huge amount to get rid of :P

Advertisement