Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering from survey monkey to Spss

• 18-06-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I am trying to finish my thesis and was hoping to get some help on trying to import my information from survey monkey to SPSS. I have managed to import the information but its all askew!

Has anyone who is/was in the same position as me done this? Have they found any useful websites that helped them do this.

The whole SPSS thing is very daunting really and I haven't even looked at the statistics side of things yet!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

No experience with the website you mentioned, but I'm sure you can find help here if you run into any specific problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mccuaig

Hi, I came across your email whilst searching for help on the same topic!

My thesis survey was done on surveymonkey and I too am trying to analyse the data in SPSS. I have inported it in to Excel but am unclear on how to import it in to SPSS. I found an answer on FAQ on the SM website which involves unzipping the info first. Any advice you have gathered since your post would be a great help.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

SPSS can open Excel files directly, through the file menu. Just set up the data how you want them, then open in SPSS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

How I wished someone had answered properly ;)
    I'm in the same boat folks, been testing out my survey designed on survey monkey. When I transfer it to SPSS its all over the place, does anyone know of any resources I could look up online?

Advertisement