Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Dealers in the North taking Rep. cars as trade ins?

• 18-06-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Anyone know is there are any dealers up the North taking Rep. registered cars as a trade in? I know alot of them are advertising down here now and saying that they will register the cars etc.. but will they take our trade-ins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

With Sterling at 85p to a Euro this morning I'd any Northern garage would be mad not to but I'd say they would be more supprised to see you coming. ;) There is no value left up north....there was but its over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm fairly sure most of them will, but as you know it won't be at any similar price that you would get down here.

They all end up getting traded back down here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id keep that car another while. Its madness how little its worth now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Saab Ed wrote: »
    There is no value left up north....there was but its over...

True, northern dealer prices are over inflated compared to the UK because they know people are more willing drive up to buy rather than take a ferry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Saab Ed wrote: »
    There is no value left up north....there was but its over...

Mainland UK is getting bad too, was just pricing a 2008 Freelander II, waaay more expensive imported.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Mainland UK is getting bad too, was just pricing a 2008 Freelander II, waaay more expensive imported.
    probably better off... unless it's a diesel one. The petrol engines are complete lumps of sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

steve06 wrote: »
    probably better off... unless it's a diesel one. The petrol engines are complete lumps of sh!te

I've seen one 3.2 in this country, and I hope I don't see another.

Advertisement