Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Obama Criticised for killing fly!!?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Was the fly white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Peta are seriously taking the piss!
    You know a group is loopy when a load of airhead celebs start following it, see kabbalah, scientology etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PETA are a group of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

At least they stay true to their cause, still dicks though

Actually the don't, their president is diabetic and requires insulin shots which requires animals. They also believe people shouldn't have pets. Many people who support their cause often miss how extreme their views really are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kipperhell wrote: »
    Actually the don't, their president is diabetic and requires insulin shots which requires animals.

Not for a long time it hasn't, just "cloned" human insulin these days for pretty much everyone. Although they did go through a good few pigs and cows years ago and cut up a few dogs in the initial discoveries of insulin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

robinph wrote: »
    Not for a long time it hasn't, just "cloned" human insulin these days for pretty much everyone. Although they did go through a good few pigs and cows years ago and cut up a few dogs in the initial discoveries of insulin.

You have to wonder though, would his views be different if he was still reliant on animal-derived insulin.
    e.g. if they found that synthetic insulin was unsafe, would he 'run the gauntlet' or use the animal based insulin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sleipnir wrote: »
    You have to wonder though, would his views be different if he was still reliant on animal-derived insulin.
    e.g. if they found that synthetic insulin was unsafe, would he 'run the gauntlet' or use the animal based insulin.

He'd either change his veiws pretty sharpish, or nobody would have to listen to them within a few days anyway. There were a lot of animals harmed in getting things to this point though where he could be on "human" insulin, he must just be ignoring inconveinient things like that though.

Same goes for anyone who takes any kind of medication though, little fluffy animals were killed/ tourtured/ cut-up in order to make your life better today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Several of PETAs high up members are diabetic and had no problem using insulin shots even when they required animals to be used in production, so clearly that doesn't matter, they definitely won't call out Obama on it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

PETA are the most backwards focused bunch of morons ever. Don't they realise that since the dawn of man, we as a race have been battling our ways to the top of the food chain?

They want nothing more than to un-do the hard work achieved by thousands upon thousands of generations. I peta the fool that thinks theyre doing any good by existing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

sure obama kills millions of micro organisims and bacteria every time he breathes and walks, etc......and he kills millions of children every time he j***ks off so i say obama should be critisised, hes evil i tells ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Well he does have to show people every now and again that he is the most powerful man in the world.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickey doodle

Apparently the fly posted a video on youtube beforehand claiming he planned to fly into obama's left nostril. A suicide fly-bomber. What next huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I suppose he'll be going after the schools next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

WindSock wrote: »
    Obviously PETA havbe never had a play with one of these badboys. Fun aplenty to be had. Maybe I will send one to them & Obama.

Or see if I don't
    They are lethal!!
    I remember swatting a big moth with one and it literally exploded into dust!:eek:
    They're great craic:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

flies ..... lol

i just open a window and when they fly into the glass slap them out....
    or squash them against it....
    or they fly around the light in the kitchen i slap them and step on them....and wash my hands of course.

i hate flies....the whole maggots thing freaks me out.
    mainly because one day a lump of meat wasnt cover correctly and when i want to cut some there were a load of little white spots on it....maggots had got there first.

and a old lad i knew used to leave meat hanging by his cooker and when hed cut it maggots would wriggle out and hed say "that got them dancing". most i ever took off him was a biscuit (i brought up) and a cup of tea.

i wonder why health and safty are so strict.... he lived to 95 and didnt have running water.

Go obama
    human race 1 fly race 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

They are lethal!!
    I remember swatting a big moth with one and it literally exploded into dust!:eek:
    They're great craic:pac:
    i love being in a cr when they hit the windscreen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meljo

Lads Peta are the like the person at a party no one talks to, for a good reason, their MENTAL!

Seriously they make themselves look like the biggest crazies that roam the planet. Squating a fly? Are they for real?

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=148042775

:confused:
    If Obama was going to kill something live on TV he should have done a cat. That would get those b******s going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Latchy wrote: »
    This thread needs a fly type song

:cool:
    :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Jaysus, he has great hand eye co-ordination!

Remember, swat where the fly is going to be, not where the fly is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i have a huge window, i like to have it open for a while during the day to let fresh air in. i usually have 1 fly that comes in. i can have it back outside within 2mins without harming it. it might be small but its still a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

chrislad wrote: »
    Jaysus, he has great hand eye co-ordination!

Remember, swat where the fly is going to be, not where the fly is!

Also flies take off backwards. Helpful when you're squishing 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

PETA may not always be diplomatic in their ways but their undercover footage that can be seen on their website and on youtube, which is supported by many, many people including musicians like Moby and actors like Alex Baldwin, has shown a lot of unneccessary violence towards animals.

Compassion is for all life - you can mock peta as much as you like, it just shoes how disconnected some of you are from our animal kin.

Why don't you watch all the videos on petas website first before you make stupid comments about animals.

PETA may not always be diplomatic in their ways

That is an extreme understatement.
    but their undercover footage that can be seen on their website and on youtube, which is supported by many, many people including musicians like Moby and actors like Alex Baldwin, has shown a lot of unneccessary violence towards animals.

Compassion is for all life - you can mock peta as much as you like, it just shoes how disconnected some of you are from our animal kin.

Why don't you watch all the videos on petas website first before you make stupid comments about animals.

Mocking PETA does not show a disconnect from animal kin or a lack of compassion. In fact in most threads where PETA are brought up you'll find people usually say "I love animals and abhor animal cruelty but I hate PETA because..."

They don't "own" compassion for animals. You can hate PETA and still love animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Compassion is for all life
    Nuts to that. All rhinoviruses can kiss my ass for a start. Come to think of it, so can anybody who thinks that being nicer to FLIES should be on Obama's list of priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

PETA may not always be diplomatic in their ways but their undercover footage that can be seen on their website and on youtube, which is supported by many, many people including musicians like Moby and actors like Alex Baldwin, has shown a lot of unneccessary violence towards animals.

Awwwo my Gawid?!?!? Like, Moby support them? Like, if he does, they must like, be rully, rully cool! I'm going to be nicer to flies from now on.
    So celebrity should influence our views on ethical issues, is that what you're saying?
    If you can't do it for the animals, do it cos Alec Baldwin does? Gimme a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

no need to kill it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote: »
    Crap tbh.

Yeah. Good idea executed very poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

wheres smith and jones when you need them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Nuts to that. All rhinoviruses can kiss my ass for a start. Come to think of it, so can anybody who thinks that being nicer to FLIES should be on Obama's list of priorities.

It should be on everybodys priority list because it is alive!

Nature, Animals, Humankind = Earthlings

we are all one although you seem to give two ****s about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

'Black on Black' crime is the scourge of ghetto's in the USA, everyone should condemn this murder.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Seriously, what do you eat dude?

Plants are alive, can we not eat them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Would you cry, dig a grave if you stood on an ant by accident? I should be tried for genocide if thats your view, ive killed thousands of the things . Why you ask? Because i can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

yerayeah wrote: »
    Hate to be pedantic but viruses aren't living things and antibiotics have no effect on them. Agree about the flies though, they suck ass...

You obviously dont hate being pedantic, in fact I think you're very pleased with yourself for spotting that miss information.

Also I didn't see PETA breaking a sweat when Mr. Bush gave the orders to rape Iraq? Or maybe muslims aren't on the list of important creatures????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You get dicks in all walks of life, fair enough the videos PETA have are awful and those people are breaking the law, PETA should hand in the videos and get those bastards arrested. But these are not the norm on normal farms in Ireland at least. You watch a farmer walk into a field full of his cattle and they run up to him like pet dogs that shows that they don't live in fear of the farmer and trust him.

I also think removing the top predator from the planet which is pretty much what their asking could have disastrous knock on effects for the rest of life on earth and it would be highly naive to assume it wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

you can mock peta as much as you like,

Thank you, we will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

seamus wrote: »
    Look, PETA are off their nut. They make animal rights activists look like seal clubbers.

I don't see what the big issue is with seal clubbing. If seals want to get their flippers in the air and party all night, who am I to judge?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Look, we all know the real reason was the fly's huge oil reserves!

DeV.

Advertisement