Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Post

Options
  • 18-06-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Can I draw your attention to this thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055592920&page=4

A user has posted a picture that in my opinion trivialises Child abduction, I do not think that this is appropriate and have both reported the post and pm'd a Mod and an ex-mod (both of whom were online) but the pic remains. Can somebody remove this, or am I in the wrong forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Up to the individual moderator to make a call on that one. They are not obliged to remove something because someone may find it offensive. If the moderator doesn't see any need to remove it and the image is not illegal or overtly distressing (e.g. gory), then we're not going to make them remove it.

The tone of the image is clearly humourous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

The tone of the picture is trivialising the abduction of children, this is a photography forum not After Hours ( I do not think it is appropriate for after hours btw)

The picture is clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

If it was a black screen with, "There are more important things than child abduction" written on it, you'd have a point.

That you don't find it funny, doesn't automatically mean that there's social or political commentary behind the image.

The Photography forum is a community, and as such they engage in banter and joviality. If the moderator has no problem with this occuring incidentally in the middle of a thread, then I don't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

The fact that two posts previously a Mod asked for the thread to be put back on topic and then this nonsensical post which not only do I not find funny but offends me that a poster could so glibly use the abduction of children to get a smirk and a thanks from some other user, not thinking the hurt it may cause ppl who may have been affected by the subject.

If I seek out a humerous pic on the subject of Rape or maybe the Omagh Bombing or the Disapearence of a particular child is it ok to post as the tone will be humerous!

You'll have to ask the moderator whether it's OK to post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement