Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Business Package

Options
  • 18-06-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've been on the Eircom Business package in work for donkey's years, and am currently syncing up at 12/1 (it was 5/512k when I had it first,but the package has been upgraded several times over the last 3-4 years). At the moment I'm ostensibly on the 12/2 package, but am not syncing upstream at the higher upload. Here's my stats:
    Noise Margin:    21.5 dB          9.5 dB
    Output Power:    20.0 dBm        12.0 dBm
    Attenuation:     17.0 dB          6.0 dB

I guess with a 9.5dB SNR on the upstream, I'm goosed in terms of getting the 2Mb upload?

My question is, should I switch for to the 24/1 package (for the same price); will a SNR of 21.5 dB pass muster for 24Mb downstream?

Thanks

Update: I just wanted to add that I get the odd disconnection with the above line (once a month or so), but would I get more if I went to 24Mb? I'd prefer a solid 12 than a quirky 24 :)

Thanks again

Advertisement