Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

not trying to cause trouble but......

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Interesting read (and timing) considering the topic of this thread.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h5cPHcxNbw61wli6CVCczuXJYgyQD98TE9RO0

Copyright laws are archaic in this day & age given the advent of Computers & internet combined........the whole farce of the trial is from any logical thinking persons point of view just a paper exercise but to what ends the music company thinks it is worth it is baffling to say the least.

1. They will never get $1.9 million out of your average joe soap or anything like it.
    2. how much has the court case cost the poor woman with 4 children to feed
    3. Even if any legal precedent is set by the ruling it will never stop file sharing.

So all in all i think the whole reasoning behind music companys not getting with the real age we are now in & embarking on court cases is not to recoup losses but to try & deter people from downloading.....but as i said in my opinion its a futile paper exercise cause i for one will still without a hesitation click them links:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I agree, although it's still the intellectual property of someone else and therefore against the law.
    However, the music industry only has it's self to blame. They were two busy creaming in the profits from constant re-issues of old albums on CD to bother embracing the new digital age. Everybody moved on light years and now they're running around like headless chickens trying to play catch up.

Youtube and the imminent release of Vevo is another example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Still can't believe this thread was posted :rolleyes:

sean.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Heh nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

lads as much as you defend it you know im ****ing right.
    people are posting download links to copy right material in the asylum/oldschool thread.
    end of

i really dont give a **** if you think ive got an axe to grind or not.
    you are acting as if the oldschool thread is exempt from this law that boards has made clear.

call it what you will but you guys are breaking the rules on here that EVERYONE has to obibe by.

also dont play devils advocate about mixes.you all know the story with that and you all know thats not the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

derra wrote: »
    Still can't believe this thread was posted :rolleyes:

sean.jpg
    what you still cant believe it because im ****ing right

end of.

kev irl has confirmed what i suspected that people in the oldschool thread are breaking boards rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Okay, so Sean's gets his right to reply. Zascar has started a thread to discuss this elsewhere on the forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement