Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer able to thank Feedback posts?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Boston wrote: »
    One's man's abuse is another man's "passionate argument".
    Comments linking doors with arses, directly targetted at individuals in a serious thread don't qualify as passionate argument by any stretch of the imagination in my world, I'm afraid.

It especially saddens me to see a poster who I know from experience is more than capable of making his point in a rational and reasoned way descend to such arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I like not having thanks in Feedback, I find myself reading posts more and threadskimming less without the thanks feature, allowing me to make up my own mind more easily without it being tainted by positives or false positives.

I find reading threads riddled with thanks is like watching a movie in English, with English subtitles. My eyes are drawn straight to the flashing lights.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Is possible to hide thanks, the same way avatars and sigs can be hidden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Comments linking doors with arses, directly targetted at individuals in a serious thread don't qualify as passionate argument by any stretch of the imagination in my world, I'm afraid.

It especially saddens me to see a poster who I know from experience is more than capable of making his point in a rational and reasoned way descend to such arrogance.

Hey, Azezil gets around but I don't think I've ever likened his ass to a door.

Advertisement