Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Minding

Options
  • 18-06-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I have a 12 week old Labrador Puppy and I am looking for someone to mind him for 6 days at the beginning of July 2009. As he is so young I am unsure if to put him into a boarding kennels. He is toilet trained to newspaper, but is beginning to bark at the door when nature calls. He is very good with children. So if there is anyone who would be able to give him a caring and loving home for 6 days, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd love to but between work and everything else I don't think I would be around the house enough to give the pup the attention it would need.

I had 2 Labrador's before(mother and daughter). Definitely my favourite breed of dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh I absolutely adore Labs!! I've had black labs my whole life and I miss having a dog so much.

I'm in Galway though :(

However, if you don't find anyone......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

OP, you might be better off putting him into boarding kennels when he is young to get him used of them for the future. He will be fine with loads of stimulation and play. Just check the reputation of the kennels first. Someone mentioned Lough Bo kennels on this forum before as being good.

This breed of dog (particularly a puppy) needs alot of time and attention for anyone who is willing to take them on so you should let any potential minders know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi, what dates do you need a babysitter for :p ? My girl loves Labradors but I'm away until the 5th.

Hi, what dates do you need a babysitter for :p ? My girl loves Labradors but I'm away until the 5th.

Ahem, will you need a house/puppy sitter before the 5th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    Ahem, will you need a house/puppy sitter before the 5th?

Lol! I have a house and baby sitter organised (G), so I thought a mental Lab* would be just the right thing to keep them on their toes while I'm away!

*OP, quite sure your Lab isn't mental, but my daughter and Mum are, so he could learn! :pac:

thwarted at every pass on spending time with a Lab puppy :(

Advertisement