Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I cancel my paid Subscription

Options
  • 18-06-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Helpdesk / Admin bot,

How do I cancel my paid subscription?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Berty,

You would need to log into your paypal account and disable recurring on the subscription. This then in return will end the subscription when it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What happens on my User CP, Avatars, Customer User Title etc?

From a permissions side of things, you wont be part of the the subscribers usergroup anymore as the system will revert you back to a normal user.
    You will lose the option to have bigger avatars and to upload custom avatars. Your current custom avatar will be hidden from your profile and posts.
    As far as I'm aware the return to main usergroup wont revert your usertitle.
    You will also have less private message space too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That forum has just gotten a couple of new mods in the hopes they clean up the mess it had become.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PearTree House is a private forum where people talk. :)

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    PearTree House is a private forum where people talk. :)

About what? ME??????

Tell me damn you, tell me!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Not everything in the world is about you.

Berty

I have discovered that when your subscription expires, your custom avatar will no longer be viewable and thus will not show up on your profile and in posts.

All good information to know.

Thank you.

We shall consider this answered.

You may close it down overlords. :D

Sparky wrote: »
    Berty,

You would need to log into your paypal account and disable recurring on the subscription. This then in return will end the subscription when it expires

Its actually located under "Pay List". Its fairly hard to find through the maze of Paypal but its cancelled anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Berty wrote: »
    Its actually located under "Pay List". Its fairly hard to find through the maze of Paypal but its cancelled anyway.
    Good to know, cheers.

/mental note to action this somewhere

Advertisement