Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citrix

Options
  • 18-06-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anybody here had any dealings with Citrix , job applications i mean.

They have a tech support job advertised for the last while and I meet most if not all of the requirments (except foreign language but thats only a plus not an actual requirment), even busted my ass for the last month studying to achieve the CCA.

Is it just a case of an overwhelming number of applications or what ? Its doing my head in !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Have seen same job ad since January, maybe even before that...Looks like they're fishing..I have decent citrix experience,applied never heard anything and the role isnt even for a CCA , more a good all rounder they can mould to citrix.Havent got the CCA though..Whats it like to study for?Have the cbt nuggets..Any advice you can give re: timeline, books etc would be appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Its very frustrating alright, wish they would just reject my application outright instead of leaving it up and seemingly ignoring applications.

As for the exam, its not too hard, probably one of the easier when compared to CCNA or MCSE. Personnally I used CBT Nuggets and a home lab to mess about with it, I have a multi server domain setup in vmware and set it up there. You can download a 30 day trial version of presentation server 4.5. Questions where the usual multiple choice with a few simulation type questions.

Make sure you have the CBT nuggets for the 1Y0-259 exam, thats the updated one.

Sound I'll check that out...One\two months to do , sounds ok...Yeah i use vmware as well....Cheers

Just have the 1Y0-256 nuggets, has that exam been retired???

Looks like it is...Will have to find them..cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Gaz wrote: »
    Its very frustrating alright, wish they would just reject my application outright instead of leaving it up and seemingly ignoring applications.

As for the exam, its not too hard, probably one of the easier when compared to CCNA or MCSE. Personnally I used CBT Nuggets and a home lab to mess about with it, I have a multi server domain setup in vmware and set it up there. You can download a 30 day trial version of presentation server 4.5. Questions where the usual multiple choice with a few simulation type questions.

Make sure you have the CBT nuggets for the 1Y0-259 exam, thats the updated one.

@Gaz

PM me your CV and details of position you're applying for and I'll pass it over to the HR manager ...

Cheers
    Vic [ Citrix employee :D ]

• Advertisement

Cheers Vic but I actually got the job , signed the contract last week and start the first week of August.

Take that recession !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Cheers Vic but I actually got the job , signed the contract last week and start the first week of August.

Congrats on getting the job!

I was called for an interview for this.
    Lucky for you, I know absolutely nothing about Citrix which led me to wonder why I got called for an interview! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Good stuff!

Good to hear that there are still some IT work out there.

What are peoples recent experience with IT work over the last year or so. Is it still ticking away or is it really really hard to find work!

For me the Citrix job was my 3rd interview in 7 months .... so, yeah its tough going. I think the problem is also the sheer number of people applying for the few jobs that do come up. I may have only had 3 interviews but ive applied for dozens of jobs.

For me the markey hasn't been so bad. I'm lucky enough to be able to choose at the moment.

I am going after the CCIE so I'm looking for something working with Cisco devices daily.

I've had alot of interviews this year (about 11-12), mainly Windows/Unix.

• Advertisement

So more comms/network jobs than system/server jobs

Just order some Microsoft press books, maybe I should swap them for some cisco books. :pac:
    Thing is I find a proper good hands on network job very hard to break into.
    I have one of the CCNP already but dont want to do more until I get more hands on exp.

Dont want to be the guy with a full CCNP but very little hands on exp... it screams testking!!

What certifications are you going for?

I have found my MS certifications useless when it comes to getting an interview. But thankfully I use the knowledge on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Cool ;)
    See ya around in August , I'm hiding on the 3rd floor so feel free to drop by [ it's only a small team ... ]

Vic

iRock wrote: »
    What certifications are you going for?

I have found my MS certifications useless when it comes to getting an interview. But thankfully I use the knowledge on the job.

Upgrading my MCSE 2003 to MCITP SA. Work are paying for it and its only 2 exams so might as well do it now.

Advertisement